PDA

View Full Version : Short but sweet (my intro, not me!)

Remipub
10-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I was referred to this forum by one of the existing members. I've browsed a bit and can already see the personality behind the users here! I look forward to learning from and contributing to the discussions.

A quick "about us." We are a full color printing provider - many different products and serving businesses all over the US. I guess you can just look at the website if you want to know more about the services offered! Our focus - utilizing technology to produce high quality printing at great prices without sacrificing service.

Feel free to use me as a resource - I'm always happy to give advice, whether doing the work or not.

cbscreative
10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Let me give you another welcome since I said it in another thread you posted in.

vangogh
10-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the forum. I saw on your business card in the other thread the name Tim. I take it that's you, but please correct me if I'm in error.

I guess we do have our personalities, don't we? Hopefully most are good. I think we end up with a pretty good personality overall as a forum too.

Thanks for joining the community and thank whoever it was who directed you this way. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Steve B
10-22-2008, 05:42 AM
I met Remipub on the old forum and directed him this way after a thread where he helped educate me on some printing questions. He's got a great website, but he offers stuff that's not on the website - and it appears he is actually cheaper than Vistaprint. It's kind of like his company is a Vistaprint that can also do custom work - and without the annoying bombardment of advertisements upon checkout.

My first order was shipped yesterday and a member of my Pet Services Networking group is working with him on a custom job. I think he is going to help other members of my group save some money too.

Anyway, I'm glad you made it over. I think you've already seen how this forum has been able to avoid the Spam that is still so prevalent on the old one.

KristineS
10-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the forum. We always love seeing new faces (or screennames).

Blessed
10-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! I'm an old PrePress person myself... regular old graphic design is more fun but I sure learned a lot in the prepress department of that print shop!

Remipub
10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Thank you all for the welcome ... and yes, the name is Tim.

Thanks Steve for the invite and the plug - although I'm not sure I like being compared to Vistaprint! :p (j/k) I'm looking forward to working with your group on the mailing project. (Toni seems like a sweet person).

And Blessed ... I agree, design is much more fun than some of the other processes in the printing production. Although I don't run the presses anymore, I have fond memories of ink stained hands (and clothes), constantly tweaking the press, stripping film, burning plates, etc, etc. Although many shops still do this, technology has made the process much more automated. Computer systems etch the plates directly without the need for film or cameras and they monitor and control the ink flow on the presses to ensure consistent density without even touching the press itself. Gotta love technology - at least until the power goes out!

mr.ro
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey remipub good to have you here. Hopefully in the furture when I need something maybe we can work together on something. Once again glad your here

Evan
10-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard!

Blessed
10-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Gotta love technology - at least until the power goes out!

Oh yes! :D or until the press breaks down...

I've shot PMT's, stripped film and did paste-up but most of my pre-press experience was fixing all the "well it looks good on my screen" files so that our digital press, platemaker, or film maker could process the files... It's one of my selling points - I used to work in printing, when I deliver a file it will be "print ready!" I can always tell who has ran into problems with their previous designer not knowing what a print ready file is... they are very excited to hear my background!

I'm adding you to my list of printing resources, I've been brokering a bit lately.

cbscreative
10-25-2008, 12:50 PM
most of my pre-press experience was fixing all the "well it looks good on my screen" files
All of us who have done production work can identify with this. Whether it's pre-press, screen printing, signs, or something else, the technology that makes our lives better can be dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced.

One thing I've noticed that would certainly affect Tim's industry is that the printing equipment has made high quality printing much easier and therefore less expensive. Now if only they could solve the problem of sloppy cutting which can trash a great printing job. The franchise places are the worst for this. The printing is now much harder for them to mess up, but some college student making minimum wage is the weak link in the chain that can easily get careless when they do the cutting. I often wonder if they are even trained to know that crop marks are not registration marks.

Paul Elliott
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for joining us, Remipub. Ask questions and contribute.

Paul

Steve B
11-09-2008, 03:56 AM
As an update - I have received my printing order from Remipub's company and so has a member of my networking group. We were both very pleased with the quality of the printing and service.

Remipub - my artist is currently re-working my brochure to make the info. fit into the 4 x 9 format that you did for the Louisville House and Pet Sitters. I'll be switching to that size also so I can save a bunch of money on our envelope distribution program.

Remipub
11-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Thank you Steve .... the referrals are very much appreciated! I wish I could return the favor (do you do house calls in Oregon?) :)

Tim

Steve B
11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Maybe if I can work it into a vacation - it could end up being a tax write off. Parts of Oregon and Washington State are my favorites places on earth (Olympia National Forrest?). I love BIG trees!