PDA

View Full Version : pet peeve

greenoak
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
why do they hassle me ? .im talking about big wholesale companies who want my business.......they have my email, i bought from them, im their customer, im n their system......... now they send me emails to sell to show me stuff online.....all i have to do is ABOUT 4 OR 5 STEPS AND THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME.... its not working on me.... why not make it easier ? they have everything already from past orders, in person with a catalog and a rep or at a show etc etc... why make me jump thru another set of hoops to spend money with them?
there is a big theory in the retail field that individuals want to buy from the companies and that is an issue important to stores...you are supposed to have a tax number etc to buy wholesale.....we dont like that...so i assume all this is in response to that....but they already have all that info from me ....and just want it all again...
i would say this is the situation with way over half of the companies sending out emails to our store...i hardly ever bother to do it...even if i had all the info at hand at the time... or wanted to wait for the confirmation and then id have to have a system to save their password......my problem i guess...but they are losing some easy business from me...
they need a computer guy who can see this as a hassle factor worth solving.....it couldnt be too hard since they have all their actual customers info alreaady...i can just see a young tekkie guy saying its no big deal....when he could probably set the whole thing up in a way that i would easily see everything and order...

Dan Furman
08-10-2011, 07:07 PM
now they send me emails to sell to show me stuff online.....all i have to do is ABOUT 4 OR 5 STEPS AND THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME....

I have no idea what this means...

Do you mean you would rather them send you what you already ordered, and ask if you want more, and get it done in a click or two? It seems like that's what you'd want, but I'm not sure (and I admit, that would be handy.)

Patrysha
08-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Is what you are saying is that you don't like having to set up an account to buy from wholesalers online? Even though it's for your protection (so that individuals are not cutting you out of the equation and buying direct)?

storymashup
12-13-2011, 06:36 AM
I thought I was the only one having trouble understanding. Greenoak, not sure if you wrote this in your angered state, but please clarify.

greenoak
12-13-2011, 07:42 AM
here it is again....not angry..... they sold me a lot, they got all my info....this was at a wholesale show or thru a rep who came to my store.... they got my business.......now...within the same year they want to offer me things online..fine......i have given them everything, including my email....but now they expect me to go thru all their processes again to get to buy from them online...sure i could do it...
patrysha says i dont want to set up an account...no, i have an account already, they have sold to me, shipped to me,gotten paid by me, im their customer, ...i have bought from them...maybe a LOT... but they dont want to put the info from the buy from the wholesale show or catalog into the system that they use for online selling.... they w ant me to do it..and do it before i even see what they are offering me....
usually i dont bother......

storymashup
12-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Got it. Sounds like they need a better CRM (customer resource management) system.

billbenson
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
It sounds to me like they are shifting to selling directly online pushing out the middleman (you). I've seen it before. Manufacturers put all their products online and cut margins to their distributors / resellers. It doesn't do you much good, but it makes a lot of sense for a lot of manufacturers.

greenoak
12-13-2011, 05:46 PM
thats a big issue too..a huge issue for retail stores...almost as big as the companies selling the same stuff to the off price places..like tj maxx and gordons and marshalls.... retail is really tough.....
..but no this s ituation is still aimed at their wholesale customers..... the block is to keep retail out...which i appreciate....but they should be able to plug in their past wholesale customers......

billbenson
12-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Stupid management by big companies is a fact of life. I think you should expect it really. Fill out the form and go on with your life...

greenoak
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
we do.... and with all the small stores who have gone under we, small accounta, have less and less importance as a group....... luckily we are very diverse and dont have all our eggs in that one basket....

SC93
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
It should work easily with some type of code number it would seem like. WAIT.... WAIT.... I know... too simple of an answer for corporate America. :)

greenoak
12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
right!!! or they believed their tekkie guy that its no big deal..... if i did all that was offered like that i would have to have help keping track of all t he different codes and passwords to get in.they would probably all be different....., etc etc and filling out the forms..remembering our 10+ digit indiana tax#...etc etc.....anyway i like to talk to a real person when possible...
its sure not a huge deal....but it probably has cost some of the companies some orders from us.