PDA

View Full Version : Website help needed

ker1265
10-19-2008, 02:24 AM
I've recently set up an online store, which can be found at

www.rhamitreasures.com (http://www.rhamitreasures.com)

I do get hits, but only have had 2 sales, 1 was a 'test ' sale I did myself,
and the other was a sale from a past e-bay customer.

I have all the items, and more in stock ready for purchase, but don't know
How to get the people looking to stop and buy.

Some friends and relatives believe it's due to the look of the website
set up thru yahoo stores.

I can't afford any other type of set up...I've played with the site,
trying to make it better, and this is the end product.

Also, I can't seem to adjust the font, in the product descriptions.
Any help with this ?
I've tried myself, but what you see on the site is as large as I could get it,
I contacted yahoo about it, but they gave no real help.

Thanks !

vangogh
10-19-2008, 03:49 AM
First when you say hits do you literally mean the statistic "hit's" or do you mean something like visits or unique visitors. Hits aren't a meaningful statistic.

Next I think you can definitely afford something other than the Yahoo Store, since the Yahoo Store actually costs more than many other solutions. You can get decent hosting for $10/month and under and there are plenty of free shopping cart applications with many free themes developed. If your main stumbling block is not being able to modify the design of your store you may want to look into other options for setting up the store.

I do think the design needs improvement. It's a rather vanilla design and there's really nothing to distinguish your site from the many other stores selling similar products.

What have you done so far to market the site? Where are your visitors currently coming from? Your product descriptions could use more work. They seem pretty generic and don't really do a lot to persuade someone to buy.

The site can definitely use some work. Could you let us know what you've done so far to promote. What have you tried up to this point. Know that there are any quick and easy paths to running an online store. You have to treat your online store as you would any business.