PDA

View Full Version : Video Production Software Recommendations

Paul Elliott
08-03-2011, 04:57 PM
I have a client who will be needing video production sw, such as Camtasia. What packages, comments, experiences, recommendations, etc. do you have experience with or thoughts on?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Paul

Patrysha
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
So something for screencast videos?

Camtasia is the leader in that I'm pretty sure. I had a version of it a couple of stages back, but didn't really have a solid use for it as I keep most tutorials super short and can just use Jing for that.

Paul Elliott
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Thank you, Patrysha. I think they'll need Camtasia. I was not sure whether something better had come along.

Paul

NineDesign
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I always recommend Adobe products, but it depends on how it's going to be used most of the time.

I personally just started learning Adobe After Effects, which is incredibly powerful. Maybe Adobe Premier Pro coupled with After Effects? It's not cheap, but it's a pretty good investment if your client will be doing a lot of video work.

thebizinator
08-10-2011, 04:06 PM
If you're using a Mac, I recommend Final Cut Pro. If you're on a Windows PC go for Adobe Premiere. I've done video editing and production on both.

erichtoll
08-16-2011, 01:19 PM
There are many variables, to answer your question properly. First, what's the purpose of the video? If the audience is external - like customers - you should hire a professional video producer, unless you are one yourself.

Camtasia is used mostly for low-end, basic screen shots, like a low-cost video of screen shots demonstrating a software program.

Otherwise, I would check out some of the tips on my site to help you hone in on what you need.

Bottom line, if it's low-end video for either in house, or after-purchase FAQ / user manual, Camtasia is fine. Camtasia IS not fine for marketing or any sort of external communication that needs to look professional.