PDA

View Full Version : bad manners today.....

greenoak
10-18-2008, 09:10 PM
i bought some fabulous art bugs and they are out in my parking lot..... see on my blog...and a girl loved them and hated the price, 200$ to500$...so she took a picture and we heard her tell her buddy ....my husband can make these..
i thought it was rather shameless....ann

Aaron Hats
10-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Yes, it's amazing what some people will say. Even if her husband can make it, will he? I doubt it.

mr.ro
10-19-2008, 02:03 PM
yeah I think we can make anything, but will we do it..... no way. But yes that is rude to say something like that in the first place.

Evan
10-19-2008, 02:20 PM
There are a lot of rude people out there. Let her be in for the shock when she finds out her husband can't, won't, or doesn't make this for her.

vangogh
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
And even if her husband can and does make them, how much will they end up costing in materials and time?

greenoak
10-19-2008, 11:13 PM
and there is some art to it....even if he could weld, he probably cant get the real fun parts right.....like the expressions....
ann

KristineS
10-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Some people just don't know how to behave. Kind of sad, really.

BillR
10-27-2008, 02:19 PM

For some reason these people seem to congregate around elevators I am trying to use.

Seriously - elevator etiquette is not hard but SO MANY people don't use it.

Aaron Hats
10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
For some reason these people seem to congregate around elevators I am trying to use.

Seriously - elevator etiquette is not hard but SO MANY people don't use it.

Yes, like some conversations should remain private or holding the doors open for a lady and letting her exit first.

Marcomguy
10-28-2008, 10:02 AM

Like going to your local hardware store for advice, then rushing off to Home Depot to buy the stuff cheap.

BillR
11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes, like some conversations should remain private or holding the doors open for a lady and letting her exit first.

Not even that. Unless you are alone in the elevator it is bad manners to hit the "Hold/Door Open" button for someone running to get to the elevator.

I will probably get flack for saying that - but the fact of the matter is that you are either there when the elevator is ready to go or you are not. Inconveniencing everyone else at the elevator is bad manners.

Paul Elliott
11-08-2008, 05:08 PM
And even if her husband can and does make them, how much will they end up costing in materials and time?

Or do they have the retail outlet (or even an online store) to move their products. There's a lot more to profiting from one's efforts than simply making the products more cheaply.

OTOH, she may be coming to you in 3-4 months wanting to know whether you want to buy his work. If so, offer a very low price. :p

Paul

Paul Elliott
11-09-2008, 12:13 AM
i bought some fabulous art bugs and they are out in my parking lot..... see on my blog...and a girl loved them and hated the price, 200$ to500$...so she took a picture and we heard her tell her buddy ....my husband can make these..
i thought it was rather shameless....ann

I looked at the yard art. There's a lot more work in selection of materials and labor in their fabrication than that girl supposed.

Next time you overhear such a comment, approach the speaker and offer to buy her husband's inventory . . . if it meets your specifications. That way no one gets ruffled feathers and you turn a potential competitor into an ally. ;)

Paul

greenoak
11-09-2008, 07:48 AM
and its art....that crazy part where you say ....its not quite right...or the expression isnt cute enough....etc etc..
..i tend to just ignore it, even tho irritating and so full of flaws.... and hope she doesnt send him over to sell me something....ann

Paul Elliott
11-10-2008, 11:48 AM
and its art....that crazy part where you say ....its not quite right...or the expression isnt cute enough....etc etc..
..i tend to just ignore it, even tho irritating and so full of flaws.... and hope she doesnt send him over to sell me something....ann

Ann, that's why I said that you'd buy it IF "it meets your specifications." :D

It either will or it won't. If it does low-ball him. If it doesn't, don't--no explanation necessary.

However, you may wish to make the observation that the facial expressions aren't cute enough or expressive enough or whatever.

Paul