PDA

View Full Version : tv ad

greenoak
07-19-2011, 09:44 AM
i want to put my tv ad on my facebook or website....there is a crawl on the bottom with a date on it which i want to erase.. how cani do that....we own the ad...

Business Attorney
07-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Do you mean the crawl is embedded in the copy of the ad you were given by the agency that created it? If so, you can probably not remove it yourself, though it is possible that if the scrolling text is layered on and you have access to the right software, you can do it. The creator may need to go back to the original recording and give you a clean copy.

Alternatively, you may be able to use video editing software to crop the bottom of the video. That will either change the ratio, leaving you with a different shape video, or you will need to crop the sides of the video to maintain the ratio. The latter is what is done with wide screen movies when they have to fit on a standard shape TV.

tylerhutchinson
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
You can use software editing programs like Adobe Element to change the ratio and cut it off, or to blur it. What is it for? Is it a banner another company put on it like the video company that created it? If so you may want to make sure you did not sign anything with them. Usually for one cost you get the video with banner, and for more they will give you the video outright without it. If you signed an agreement to keep the banner and chose to remove it, that is a breach of contract and if they catch it can take legal action against you.

greenoak
07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
thanks so much...i will relay these ideas to my dil...
.i wouldnt be able to do anything with the creators of the ad...im not using them now...but the ad is ours..i asked about that already...he said we paid for it and it was all ours... to do with what we want...we ran about 2500$$ of ads with them last year...so im not worried about that...
its our old tv ad , its good andi would love to put it on some places...BUT it has last years yardsale dates on it...

Patrysha
07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Quickest thing to do would to be to add an overlay on top of the frame with video editing software...should be very easy for your dil to take care of, just a quick graphic and then adding it in...

greenoak
07-20-2011, 11:09 PM
the mystery is video editing software...i dont remember that being something we know about...
they do use and comment on the pictures we put on facebook im sure they woudl like some videos too....

Patrysha
07-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Hmm I don't know how hard it is. I started playing with video when I was 12...so all this computer stuff seems so simple to me (most of the time)...but I don't think it's much harder than a regular graphics program as long as you pick up software very quickly...maybe your dil is like that...

greenoak
07-21-2011, 08:06 AM
thanks...she could probably do it if we had the program...guessing...or dh..
.i doubt if we have it already ...or would it be part of some big program we might already have? do you have any names to look for?

Patrysha
07-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I like Pinnacle Studio, but I've heard good things about Sony Vegas and Cyberlink Power Director.

greenoak
07-21-2011, 10:46 PM
thanks..............

KristineS
07-22-2011, 09:46 AM
We use Pinnacle Studio as well for our videos. There is a learning curve to it, but once you understand it, the software allows you to do a ton of things with video.

Alternatively, if you think you might use the place that made the commercial to make more in the future, you might just ask them for a copy of the commercial with the tag removed. They'd probably do it.

erichtoll
08-16-2011, 01:24 PM
If what you have is the finished ad, and only the finished ad, and the crawl is part of the final edit, you can not remove the crawl. You have two choices:

a) get the original project files, which ideally your editor gave to you on an external hard drive. The best person to create an alternate version is your original editor, who can simply re-render without the crawl
b) your second option - which may be your only one - is to get an editor import/digitize the video. Then the editor will create a simple banner graphic - like a lower third - that has a call to action, your phone number, etc. You will probably lose some a little quality, but your unwanted 'date' will be covered with something useful - like a call to action.

For future reference ***always tell your video producer / editor in advance that you will want the entire 'project' saved to an external hard drive*** The project is EVERYTHING, not just the finished video clip. This makes it cheap fast and easy to fine tune your video at will.