PDA

View Full Version : lots of good stuff here

greenoak
07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
4 Reasons Your Brand Should Avoid Facebook (http://smallbiztrends.com/2011/02/avoid-facebook.html)
i just found this...lots of good facebook talk...

Spider
07-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Interesting. I wasn't aware changes had been made, except that over the past two days, I have noticed a couple of posts on my personal wall from businesses and people with whom I have had no connection. I deleted them and reported them as spam. I hope that isn't what FB calls, "new opportunities for Pages to share."

KristineS
07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I definitely agree with the one about your audience not being on Facebook. I think that's the biggest mistake that companies make, not knowing where their audience is and going there. You have to find them before they can find you.

greenoak
07-06-2011, 08:12 AM
i think so too...
we get a few hundred folks thru our store every week and each reciept has a facebook stamp on it..... that generates tons, plus our customers are women who already know us as and like our stuff and almost all of them use facebook....so its just right for us..and took off right from the start....
but i have a couple of friends trying it...and its not working at all...
i wish there were more users on here to go over the issues with.... its such a new thing!!!!and its pretty complicated and interesting...

KristineS
07-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I write a lot about social media for an industry magazine and that's a point I always try to make, that the customers for a particular product may not be on Facebook and you have to do the research and know where your customers are, online and offline and then go there. Don't try something just because someone says it's the hot new thing unless it really benefits you.

It's like putting up a website that doesn't convert and then wondering why no one buys. If you don't understand the science of how people buy online you can make a lot of mistakes. You have to do the homework first.

greenoak
07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
right and then for a store like us who doesnt sell on line a lot of good meaning advice gets thrown our way that is good for online sellers [natioinal] and pretty lame for local brick and mortar.... like us or resturants...who dont sell anything online...
we own, we have the risk, we better check up on things!!! we try!!