PDA

View Full Version : Review of real estate photo page

nealrm
06-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I revamped my listing photos page on my site. I would like some opinions. It is setup to take advantage of HTML5, but also to work on older browsers. Please try it out and let me know your thoughts. Upload time is important, so let me know your connection type and about how long it takes to load. Don't worry about the burry thumbnails, that is due to the current photos not the webpage.

Listing Photos for 68448 (http://www.houseviewonline.com/ListingPhotos.php?MLS=68448)

The page does work with a second page that has full property information. It is only for the photos.

THanks,

Spider
06-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Super fast - like almost instant! The lefthand column of small pictures came up first, followed by the large photo. Going to other pages was equally fast.

I am using a Toshiba A665 i3 core Intel, Windows 7, MSIE 8, on Comcast cable modem, directly connected router.

Good job! What's the trick? - I'd love to get my pictures up that fast.

billbenson
06-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Ya, that loaded very fast.

JohnP
06-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Yeah fast, but I think you can give more space to the main picture by removing the caption above the picture, the part that says like "IMG_3769.jpg" and so on.

nealrm
06-28-2011, 06:42 AM
The caption can be set by the agents or us. It defaults to the filename of the photo, but most likely will be a text title. The same goes for the description. It defaults to the property description but can be any text the agent wants.

tylerhutchinson
06-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Very fast. For the caption name I would suggest naming the files where it is in the room. So instead of img 1111 it could say Kitchen left view. That way it at least has a purpose since it is there and helps tell where each picture is.

nealrm
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Several addressed the captions, so I would like some more feedback there. We upload about 200 to 300 photos a day, so assigning individual captions to each would be time consuming. It is currently setup to allow agents to enter thier own captions for each photo. But what should I use for photo that the agent has not entered a new caption. I can easily do something like "Inside 1", "Inside 2" .... and "Outside 1","Outside 2"... Would that be better that using the photo filename?

billbenson
06-29-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm assuming the agents are filling out some form. Can't you force the agents to use something better and just use that instead of img12 or whatever? It would be an easy script.

nealrm
06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
We enter the property information and upload the photos. Afterward the agents have the option of entering in captions and descriptions for each photo. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.