PDA

View Full Version : Huge Step For Me

Nicole Hurley
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Eeeep! I just wrote my first blog-blog, and would LOVE your feedback. I am pretty nervous about putting myself out there this much, and would love some positive reinforcement, or constructive criticism.

PLEASE READ! SkyWire Media, Inc. (http://skywiremedia.blogspot.com/)

Thank you in advance for all your advice!

KristineS
06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I think it's an informative first post. I would, however, recommend that you do another post in the next few days that introduces your company and tells people what you do. Generally people start blogs out that way, it's kind of like presenting your resume or establishing your credentials. I'm also, and this is a personal thing, not a huge fan of Blogger for business use. You may want to look at establishing a Wordpress blog at some point. You have more control over it and, to me, anyway, it looks more professional.

I think it's a good debut effort and it looks like you have some good knowledge to share.

tylerhutchinson
06-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I think this is a great start. My only advise is to post regularly to ensure people who start to follow you get regular new posts. I recently added a blog for my company last month. Helps get a little new traffic. What is the goal of yours?

Nicole Hurley
06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
@KristineS - Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it! I will be sure to introduce the company very soon,.
@Tylerhutchinson - Thanks! I am already brainstorming new post ideas... How often do you think I should post? I am thinking one-two times a week. Is that enough, or should I post more? I have a few goals right now - I am mainly trying to get out name out to raise public awareness, but also after recently taking over our social media handlings, I have made a short term goal of having 100 followers on Twitter by months end. I'm at 66 right now, but I'm getting there!

tylerhutchinson
06-21-2011, 07:07 PM
I started posting twice per week, but for time reasons I only do it once a week now. I think 1-2 times per week is great.

Good luck with your goals and hope everything works for you!

KristineS
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
When I started our company blogs, I aimed at posting three times a week. That has now become two times a week. Two times seems about optimum for our market, and we have two blogs, so there's still new content coming out every day.

You have to balance your needs with the needs of the blog. It's better, in my opinion anyway, to write fewer more substantive posts than it is to write something quickly that is kind of random just to post something.