PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of our new site?

Nicole Hurley
06-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Friends (can I call you that?)

I have been heavily involved with the development and execution of our new website. I would love to have your feedback. What do you think of the site in all honesty? Are there any issues with the site? Do you find it to be easy on the eyes, interesting, inviting, etc?? Your input, suggestions, comments, and complaints are MUCH appreciated. You all are the best!

Enterprise Mobile Applications | SkyWire Mobile | Mobile Connectivity Products (http://www.skywiremedia.com)

Thank you in advance!

Nicole

KristineS
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I won't get into the design, because there are people here who are far more qualified than I am to discuss that. I will however, comment on a few things I noticed.

Are people expected to know what consumer facing or hip offers/orders are? I did figure it out after I clicked, but there isn't a lot of explanation of what those are and why I'd be interested. Maybe the menu should be "retail solutions"?

On the business solutions I was with you until Labor Forecasting. What does that have to do with mobile?

I loved the pictures of the managers as kids. I thought that was cute. It's not standard, but that's what I like about it.

I think your customer showcase could be improved. You had a lot of nice logos there but nothing to tell me what you did for those people. It would be nice if you got an explanation when you moused over the logo, or it took you to a testimonial or a video or something. Right now it's just a page of logos.

Your latest Tweets feed doesn't seem to be working in Firefox. I just saw a blank space.

I think you've made a decent start.

tylerhutchinson
06-21-2011, 05:43 PM
The site itself I think looked fine. Simple and professional. I do agree with all of Kristines comments.

One thing as far as the formatting and coding itself, from what I could see eon your metatags, you may not be optimizing yourself as well as your could be with SEO. Your metatags are very general and it will be hard to get to the top of Google pages. I would not use terms like SMS, text, apps, and mobile text. All of those are very populated by sites that will push you down the rankings. So I would double check and try to improve seo ranking.

The only other thing I noticed is that the page loaded initially somewhat slow. I am not sure if that was just my connection, but sometimes with the flash slides it can slow down the loading.

Overall I thought it was good.

vangogh
06-22-2011, 01:01 AM
You can call me friend if I can call you friend. :)

First impression is the site looks professionally done. My immediate feeling is I'd be doing business with a legitimate company.

I'm not crazy about the slider on the home page. I generally find them distracting since they often change while I'm reading the info in one of the images. I'm not sure you need to tell me everything about your company so quickly. Tell me enough on the home page so that I know I'm in the right place and know right away what you do. Then make me interested enough to dig deeper on my own.

The general aesthetics of the site fit well with the company name.

Be careful with the drop down menus. Usability studies have shown drop downs to generally be less than friendly. On your site there's not a lot of space around the links so it's easy to click to the wrong page. Put more space above and below each of the submenu links and it will be easier to use.

In certain places I think the copy reads well. For example one of the slides on the home pages says:

Acquire New Customers with our CRM Centric Applications.
Stimulate Revenue with SkyWire's Patented Mobile Connect Suite.
See immediate Return on Investment.
See results in real-time and validate the value of each campaign.
Deploy a marketing system that is leaps and bounds ahead of any other.

That's all focused on me the customer, expressing what benefits I'll get from working with your company.

In other places I see this:

Workforce Dynamics is an innovative and exciting turnkey product that capitalizes on the science of operational forecasting and bottom-line management.

which doesn't really saying anything. The sentence reads like a string of empty phrases.

I don't think you need the Tweet button at the bottom of every page. It's doubtful anyone is going to tweet your sales pages. Save the tweet button for informational content like articles and blog posts. Those will get tweeted. Sales copy, not so much.

Good move placing your phone number and a link to email you at the top of every page.

I like the pics on the management teams bio page. I'm guessing some people will think it's unprofessional and would prefer to see current pics with suit and tie attire, but I like the pics as children since I think it makes everyone more personable. Maybe a current pic could be added next to the pics that are there.

Overall I think it's a pretty good job. I do think the copy could be better in some places, but the overall design is good. Other than the drop downs the site is easy to navigate and find what I want. The look of the site matches the company name and also fits well with the service as things like mobile apps operate over airwaves. The site establishes itself as trustworthy based on it's professional look too.

jasmin
06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Design is very well done.

There is more dark space after copyright info... I feel that it is not needed. Also, you seem to have a tweet button which shows 0 (zero) count. It looks odd. Also, your latest tweets seems to be empty. If there are no tweets, fill it up with some other content.

Just my 2c.

Nicole Hurley
06-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh My Word! Thank you all SO much for all the feedback. I just sat down with our website creator (he's one of our employees) and he keeps saying "wow, that's awesome, thank you so much for that. this is all really good feedback". We are taking all of your suggestions and acting on them. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! Truly, you have helped us see things that we haven't been able to see because we have worked so close with this that it is hard to step back and pretend that we know nothing about our company. You guys and gals are the best.

vangogh
06-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Glad we could help. Keep in mind we're just offering opinions so do think about what we all say and decide our suggestions are right for your site.

Nicole Hurley
06-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Of course, we are taking your suggestions, acting on a few, and using others to generate other ideas.