PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With New Business Name for Personal Driving service!!!

mhld36
06-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Hello All,

I was wondering if you all could shoot some ideas my way. I am starting a personal driving service that brings customers home in their personal vehicles. Whether it be from a bar or restaurant after a night out, or from outpatient surgery etc... Please any and all suggestions are welcomed.

THank you in advance for your help.

Matt

vangogh
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the forum Matt. Naming things isn't my strong suit. The only think that keeps popping into my mind is driving miss daisy, which probably isn't the name you want to go with.

What do you see as the main benefit of your business? Naturally you're giving people rides when they can't drive themselves, but how are you planning on selling the service. What specific thing(s) set you apart from the competition. Also who do you think will be your typical customers? And when will those typical customers most likely need your service?

I'm asking because your name may in the answers to those questions.

tylerhutchinson
06-20-2011, 11:19 AM
To get a better idea of what to name it I would want to know more about your target demographic. This will help decide what sort of age range to shoot for. So for example if it is for younger people at bars you would want a fun name. If it is for an elderly person to take them to and form doctors visits I would suggest a more professional name.

Some just off the top of my head:

The back up plan transportation
alternate driving services
assistant driver services

I would also suggest tying the name with a slogan and a good logo.

Out of curiosity, how are you planning on marketing and getting word of mouth out on your services? Sounds like a good idea. Basically using their car to be a taxi service. How would your employees get to the car to drive them? Would you have two employees and have one follow the customers car to pick up and drop off?

KristineS
06-20-2011, 01:28 PM
I like the idea of this service because there have been times I could have used it when I was in a jam and friends were not available.

As for a name, I would agree that the target demographic would have an impact on how you name the service. If you're mostly concentrating on driving elderly people to appointments - you would probably want to focus on providing an aspect of care of parents of people who might be far way. If you're picking up people at bars after a night of partying, you'd want your name to be totally different.