PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Your Business Entity

Business Attorney
06-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I recently taped an interview for a website called SOHOToday.net on the subject of choosing the best entity for your business. They have posted the video online at How to Choose Your Business Entity? | SOHO Today | Entrepreneurs | Small Businesses | Marketing & PR | Starting a Small Business (http://www.sohotoday.net/soho-today/new-show-how-to-choose-your-business-entity/) if anyone has 10 minutes to kill.

tylerhutchinson
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for sharing.

vangogh
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks David. I saw you post this earlier and I finally had a chance to watch. Great explanations of the different entities. You're helping me understand them all and decide how I want to structure my business.

I assue it's ok with you if I sticky this thread. I know the question about which entity is going to come up again and I think it would be great if we could easily find this thread and point people to your interview.

Evan
06-10-2011, 09:51 PM
So what type of business should I form, David? :) (Kidding). Very good video!

tmerrill
06-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Great Video, thank you for sharing!

jim.sklansky
02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanx David. the video is good. i would like to know more about the tax for c-corporation.

BIZDEV
12-24-2013, 09:36 AM
While overall a good video with basic explanations, I was disappointed to see very little detail on LLC's. Most entrepreneurs seem to jump on that bandwagon because of the common belief that your personal assets are now magically protected. This is so untrue. When I was in the process of purchasing a retail franchise, I learned from my attorney that the so-called protection is very easily lost. You will be asked to sign a personal guarantee by everyone from typical supply and equipment vendors to credit card companies/banks, landlords, etc. Once you sign that personal guarantee the LLC protection is null. And most of those suppliers, banks, landlords, etc., will not do business with an LLC without that personal guarantee. Be sure you research this before deciding on a business entity.