PDA

View Full Version : Why Did You Start Blogging

KristineS
08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I started blogging for business because I thought it would be a great way to personalize our companies and get more information out about who we are and what we do. I added the personal blogs because I love to write and because I wanted to build my personal brand. I can't imagine not blogging.

I'm interested in why all of you started blogging. Was it for business? Did you start a blog for SEO purposes? Do you just like to write?

If you have a blog, please take a moment to share why you started the blog and what you hope to get out of blogging.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I started blogging for a few reasons. One was just like you. To personalize my business more. I wanted to be able to communicate with people so they could get to know me instead of just a handful of business pages.

I also knew having more informational pages would be good from an SEO perspective. Most links pointing into my site , point to one of my posts and the majority of search traffic I get enters my site through one or another blog posts. Blogging is a great way to capture long tail keywords.

It's also helped bring a loyal readership to my site. My audience isn't huge, but it is loyal. I've seen many of the same people for years. They provide a good sounding board for ideas and are just some really good people I've gotten to know.

huntwriter
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I started blogging because I got a little tired of answering every day dozens of emails with more or less the same questions. I thought making a blog would permit me to give advice to a broader audience.

As time went on the blog became also a vehicle to promote my services and my pet causes, which is the promotion of our rich hunting heritage. The initial blog has become very popular and this in turn encouraged me to add more blogs.

Today I write four blog, each of them pertaining to a special interest within the hunting and fishing sport. This has proven to be a smart move because it permits me to give my readers and clients an inside view of my field of expertise.

orion_joel
08-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Initially i started out on my blog, to basically share with the world, my experience in moving on from my first business to another business, as to date, that change is still taking plance i am still operating my original business, and nothing i have come across has interested me for a new direction, however in saying this it has also changed why i am blogging. Now i am blogging on a range of topics that is a wier spread and hopefully a more interesting read for more people.

Aaron Hats
08-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I started our business blog strictly for SEO purposes. Little did I know how well it would work and that people would actually read it. You should have seen how surprised my wife was when a customer came into the store and said how they enjoyed reading the blog.

I had started a personal blog to discuss a religious conversion I'm going through but found I didn't dedicate enough time to it so I deleted it.

Aaron

huntwriter
08-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I certainly have to agree with you Aron. Sometimes great things can happen through a blog. Today my wife got a phone call from one of Canada’s largest newspapers with an offer for a an assignment. The newspaper found out about my wife’s photography talent through her blog (http://12monthswinter.blogspot.com/).

The newspaper was very impressed and offered her a permanent assignment position to cover our area. To say that we are thrilled is an understatement.:D

vangogh
08-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Congrats to your wife on the newspaper assignment. Blogs can really do a lot for you if you put the effort into them. They help make you more visible in a number of ways and you never know who's watching.

KristineS
08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I certainly have to agree with you Aron. Sometimes great things can happen through a blog. Today my wife got a phone call from one of Canada’s largest newspapers with an offer for a an assignment. The newspaper found out about my wife’s photography talent through her blog (http://12monthswinter.blogspot.com/).

The newspaper was very impressed and offered her a permanent assignment position to cover our area. To say that we are thrilled is an understatement.:D

That is so wonderful. Tell Artemis I'm really pleased for her. The photos she takes are amazing and the newspaper is lucky to have her.