PDA

View Full Version : my blog today

greenoak
06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
if i get around to it my blog post today would be about a little girl who hornswaggled me out of a great piece of folk art....my big iron worm...which everyone on staff knew wasnt for sale.....they waited till i got back from lunch and then ask me if they could buy it...after the grandma, hugging the girl and telling me she was a lukemia survivor...and she wanted to get it for her mom, pleaded wiith me to sell it......they had driven up an hour to try and get it...apparantly i had said no in the past.... .. they were almost in tears....knowing i wanted to put it up on our roof....i was hoping they were underestimating the price...and said ok ....190$$$ and they said yes immediatley...
the girl was so sweet and unaffected and sincere about wanting it....i just couldnt resist...
it was really touching...especially how much the grandma loved the girl.... i about cried...
i did take a picture of it for my blog.... the girl had saved 150 to buy it...this i thnk would be more fitting on the blog than facebook...for my remembering if nothing else...

tylerhutchinson
06-05-2011, 12:18 AM
nice story! Thanks for sharing.

MostHeather
06-05-2011, 06:50 AM
What a touching story. It's nice that you made their day ;)