PDA

View Full Version : blogging and facebook

greenoak
05-28-2011, 08:27 AM
is anyone doing both? or seeing both work on a local level?
my facebook is so local and productive ...im just neglecting my blog.... its so low on my to do list , i feel guilty..i like my blog too much to close it down, but its turning into something pretty teeny to the outside world...i guess i can enjoy it and just look at it as a personal pleasure... it sure doesnt impact the business, if it ever did...
i just put steampunk robot heads on Magpie Cottage (magpiecottage.blogspot.com/)

tylerhutchinson
05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I just started bringing blogging into my online business venture. I created it months ago but could not find much of a value to it between all my other social networking based on what I am doing with my company. Last month I brainstormed a way to expand my services and features online which now incorporate a good use of blogging and Youtube. As this is not part of a profit based design of my company (I am creating it to give free general information about business design, marketing, and consulting) it is still something I am starting to make more time for to expand my overall presence online.

Full Circle Business Consulting (http://fullcirclebusinessconsulting.blogspot.com/). Only a couple posts so far and the layout isn't completely done but it is a start. Hoping to have it done and really promoting it mid to end of June.

I think it really depends on your industry, marketing needs, and company vision to see how much time should be spent on blogging.

C0ldf1re
05-29-2011, 03:03 AM
... to see how much time should be spent on blogging.

That has started a train of thought. I wonder how many owners of businesses have started spending time on social networking or blogging for marketing purposes, and have then found it so enjoyable that they neglect the business itself?

greenoak
05-29-2011, 08:10 AM
maybe a little for me....im probbaly more wonky than my readers...so maybe i write about stuff they dont care to hear that much about.... .
and it might be more of a nice relaxing break mentally for me, if i were ever in the place where the tekk parts came automatically to me...i still cant manage the pictures on my blog , i cant rearrange, i cant get the text where i want it, ..and mine is the simplest blogger blog...
.in my part of the business world there are lots of georgous blogs.....
i dont work at a desk or on the computer so at work im not socially networking on a machine.... out there talking/networking with my workers and customers tho...

Patrysha
05-29-2011, 11:09 AM
That has started a train of thought. I wonder how many owners of businesses have started spending time on social networking or blogging for marketing purposes, and have then found it so enjoyable that they neglect the business itself?

I've seen that happen with some in the work at home industry (all that ended up in that category tended to be working blind and without a plan...more dabblers in business than established types)...but not with any of the traditional type business owners...they have all tended to understand that it's a tool, not a magic bullet and tend to under utilize what they do get set up.

C0ldf1re
05-29-2011, 11:56 AM
@ Marketing Witch. Your magic wand is on the wobble. If somebody tries to buy your Facebook Power course (how much does it cost, by the way?) they are sent to a webpage trying to get them to sign on to WAHMcart for $1.

Patrysha
05-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks COldf1re...I know...I'm in the midst of switching things over to a new shopping cart system. The course is $37

C0ldf1re
05-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks COldf1re...I know...I'm in the midst of switching things over to a new shopping cart system. The course is $37

Ahhh... a very superior blandish of the magic wand will be required to sell much at that price. Bear in mind that my spam folder is full of offers for free pdf or video courses... more than I could ever read or watch. The courses that I have looked at seem quite good anyway. They are free, not because they are not worth money, but just to get people looking at their ads.