PDA

View Full Version : ITAR Regulations for Information Technology

MyITGuy
05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
I've performed some work for one company, and am currently quoting another company on my services, both mentioned that they need to ensure they are in compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms).

I can't seem to find anything specific on technology, or a licensed "U.S. Person" working with third parties who are also a "U.S. Person".

Has anyone else gained any insight/experience on this regulation before I start looking for an attorney who has experience in this area?

My main concerns are:
Can my company provide services where we may have access to this data (I.E. Such as remote management, remote backup services and etc).

I currently outsource my call center to a company that has individuals in California and Canada, would this be permitted (There appears to be an exception for Canada, but to what extent if any?).

vangogh
05-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I found this from the US Department of State. It's the 2010 International Traffic in Arms Regulations (http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar_official.html). You might have already seen it and I'm not sure it contains what you're looking for, but it seems like a good place to start.

Searching "International Traffic in Arms" in Google pulled up a lot of results.