PDA

View Full Version : Totally burnt out and need feedback

QEDDave
05-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Well, this here be a party of 1. For months now I've been head-down-butt-up on my sites and I could really use some feedback on:

http:// www. orders.saveoncountertops.com
http:// www. saveoncountertops.com

Thanks much!

Patrysha
05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
First, I would be specific that you are on Vancouver Island on the homepage. But looking at the rest of the copy, I wonder why you don't just say Victoria...unless you are willing and able to service the whole Island.

I have tons of ideas on how I'd rewrite it all, but you really are off to a great start...but I do wonder how you can operate something like the services described if you're solo...are you using subcontractors?

Great to see that you have testimonials up...love to see you add pictures and video testimonials...especially showing before and afters...visuals and word of mouth are really what sell services like this.

There is likely quite a bit you can do as far as SEO...I'll let the experts on that chime in...I only do the minimal stuff I've been able to pick up...it's good enough for small towns, but haven't tested it in larger centres at all.

tylerhutchinson
05-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I think the design and wording can be adjusted a bit. I do like the education aspect. I also think the products are laid out nicely. I like how you can drill down to each area and there are pictures involved. One piece I would adjust is set this up in your drop downs as well. When you hover over services it will drop down the different areas and then if you go over the category it will list the sub-categories. This way your customers can skip the clicking process through the services.

As far as SEO it is hard to really tell just by viewing the sites. Getting your SEO better requires reviewing code, and ensuring that keywords and different aspects are titled correctly.

Hope this helps. : )

websonalized
06-13-2011, 01:21 AM
I like your website. Only two observations about the top and bottom bars of the container.

The bar at top has two blues, was this intended? I like it, it highlights the phone number and such. however, since there is a square corner on the right hand side of the bottom bar, I could not help to think that the variation in blue is a mistake. May be you should keep it.

Yet, as mentioned before, the bottom bar, right hand side corner is square, as supposed to all the other corners

DeniseTaylor
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi QEDDave

Your site looks excellent.

I agree with Patrysha - make your location clear and/or spell out what areas you cover, so people don't guess, especially if they guess wrong! :)

When I clicked on your Contact Us link, there is a blank, blue box obscuring your content. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't seem right. That would definitely prevent someone from contacting you.

Then, when I clicked on the "Click here for a free quote" link, it sent me to a "My Profile" page. There were instructions on the left and it appeared I needed to click again onto the "Quote" link. This is confusing. If it's not me, and that really is how it's set up, it seems, from a visitor's point of view, that the links are set up wrong or your site is broken. I'd streamline that a little better, because maybe the steps are too complex.

As far as local marketing, two things come to mind for me:

1. Get set up with Google Places so you can get a local listing. That way, when people search for counter tops in your area, your name and site pops up.

2. I'd run specials on Craigslist, if you can, with a link that goes to the information page. From there, people can browse your site and click on your contact form, quote form or order form.

Overall, though, the design looks very appealing, in my opinion.

Good luck!