PDA

View Full Version : facebook every day?

greenoak
05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
one of my social media favorites....grandma mary....said today that you should post on your facebook everyday....do you think thats kind of risky?
then she had a great link about making good posts..posts not all about selling..... ..

Patrysha
05-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Nope, not at all risky if you know your target market well and are posting valuable content.

greenoak
05-19-2011, 11:14 PM
im interested in posting some good content on facebook... and my question is how do you post a kind of long thing, like an interview or a how to article, on facebook? a link, a note or something else?
thanks

monkeyposter
05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
my link got removed....sorry if i broke a rule..??
im interested in posting some good content on facebook... and my question is how do you post a kind of long thing, like an interview or a how to article, on facebook? a link, a note or something else?
thanks

Post a link. Rename the title to something you think will capture your audiences interest. then add a description that is either a quote from the article, or sums up what it is about.

KristineS
05-20-2011, 11:57 AM
I post on the business Facebook page a couple of times a day usually. Once is usually a good morning post that spotlights something interesting. Then, during the course of the day I'll post links to new blog posts or videos we put up, or share something from a friend or colleague I think is interesting. We've never had anyone complain that we're posting too much.

C0ldf1re
05-20-2011, 12:57 PM
....said today that you should post on your facebook everyday....do you think thats kind of risky? ...

What sort of risk did you foresee?

greenoak
05-20-2011, 01:34 PM
boredom and unliking!!! i dont want to be a boring unwanted poster that my customers might hide....ive unliked or more often jsut hidden several pages for those reasons.........
MONKEY POSTER, thanks....but when you post a link where is it?....where do they go to see it...where is the links home? i dont get that part....

tylerhutchinson
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
not at all. You should post at least once a day. This keeps you visible with your market. Just make sure each post is relevant, valuable, and non-repetitive.

facility
06-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I think you can post more often than once a day. 2-3 times should still be fine.

Spider
06-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I think it depends on your audience. Facebook was set up, initally, to be a means of communicating between friends. Today, it seems, most everyone has a lot of real friend friends mixed up with a whole lot more business acquaintance friends. In this case, your daily and many times daily business posts for your business acquaintance friends will likely be too much for your real friend friends. OTOH, your daily chatter, quips and banter between real friend friends could alienate your business acquaintance friends.

Right now, my newsfeed is a mess of crap between friends I'm not really friends of and business promotion of things I'm not in the market for. Frankly, I don't know why I still bother with the newsfeed.

greenoak
06-09-2011, 02:43 PM
my friend page is kind of a blend too.... some good stuff on there would be even better on my business page...like today someone asking me if we still had something.... i do know a big percent of my business friends face to face tho...except the ones trying to spam my page..lol

im pretty sure i would get dropped if i started posting a few times a day....im going for almost everyday..but its hard to be relevant and interesting that often....if you cant be repetitive...
. ive read several places that 3 or 4 is the ideal for retail....but ive seen more work great...my daughters page for one.......

Harold Mansfield
06-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm actually starting a new experiment on FB. I actually have Facebook open all day long now so that I can respond immediately to the threads that I am participating in.
This new thing that I'm trying will fall right into that since I end up posting something on Facebook at least 20 times a day lately.

I don't know if simply posting to your page everyday is harmful, but just like Twitter, I think participating in related discussions and commenting as your page will be a lot more effective than just posting random thoughts and business related stuff all of the time.

Of course, who has time to play on Facebook all day? There's the rub.

AaronConway
06-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Of course, who has time to play on Facebook all day? There's the rub.

That's where a good social media manager comes into play. I can monitor all the Twitter and Facebook accounts throughout the day while also working on e-newsletters and web sites.

Aaron

jamesray50
06-11-2011, 03:12 AM
I don't even post once a day on my Facebook business page. I post 3 to 4 times a week. That's all I tweet too. And what I post is usually a blog I have written or a link to another article that (or retweet). On twitter, a some of the people I follow post all day long. It clutter's up my feeds. I have stopped following people who do that. I want to read what eveyone is tweeting, not just one or two people.

Does twitter have a function that will notify you by email when someone comments on your tweet? I get notified from Linkedin and Facebook, but not Twitter. And I don't monitor twitter all day long, so when I do tweet I don't know when someone has made a comment and have missed replying to them in a timely manner before.

greenoak
06-11-2011, 08:02 AM
aaron, what do you get out of twitter? also, any good hints for those of us with mainly LOCAL focus in our internet work?
dang, im such a dud at the tekkie side of my facebook duties .......i just worked about an hour on an album and posted it on my personal page instead of my business page... grrr.....i need a secretary.. .... i cant wait for icloud ...
but like spider says keep your eyes on the prize....the humble goal is to be relevant and worth reading 3 times a week all year long.and that is pretty challenging and sometimes impossible.. ....thankfully pictures help a lot.... .

facility
06-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Does twitter have a function that will notify you by email when someone comments on your tweet? I get notified from Linkedin and Facebook, but not Twitter.

Well, twitter is different. You can't comment on tweets you can either reply or retweet. In both cases you will be mentioned "@jamesray50". And if you are mentioned twitter does send you an email.
If you don't receive that email check your twitter settings (I don't even know if there's a setting for that).

JeremyJ
08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
yeah you should post every day...but not promotion stuff daily. Create a page of interest to your target market and let them discuss what is of interest to them...we don't go on FB to be sold, it's social...but I don't mind seeing products that are recommended and why.

alphadore
08-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I think posting once a day is ultimate. You dont need more than that.

KristineS
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
yeah you should post every day...but not promotion stuff daily. Create a page of interest to your target market and let them discuss what is of interest to them...we don't go on FB to be sold, it's social...but I don't mind seeing products that are recommended and why.

Completely agree with this Jeremy. A lot of people forget that social media and social marketing includes the word social. It's not about simply having a new tool or a new venue in which to sell. It's about building relationships.

greenoak
08-27-2011, 07:50 AM
maybe throwing out a question would help get there, get the likers reacting to each other.......something they would like t talk about, within the range of what you are about.....i might try that...
a business trying to be too social is kind of obvious... any good examples?
im getting a lot of my news from facebook now...and i dont expect those places, like the daily beast, to be social....so i take this idea that fb has to be mainly social, with a grain of salt...im going for a little social....
p.s. kristine, i did what you mentioned in an earlier post this morning...posted a link jut because i figure lots of my customers would like it....its social but not socially about me....whch isnt what i would want...

DaveyMars
08-28-2011, 10:22 PM
My advice is, if you have to ask yourself if you're interesting, then you're not, and your posts will appear "forced". Resist the urge to post just to post.
Facebook, like twitter, is about cuttining through the noise. Nobody has the time/ability/desire to read every post by every friend.
Best bet is to make your Facebook *page* interesting, and when you post something interesting, add a call to action directing them to your page.

*My opinion* is that FB is not the place to over-post just to keep visible.
Provide value and people will seek you out.

erichtoll
08-28-2011, 10:50 PM
If I saw your business in my facebook feed every day, I would unlike it.

Twitter is high volume, Facebook less so.

greenoak
08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
thats why i wonder about everyday..and i have unliked someplaces because of that..
..but if the messages were a little more interesting/entertaining/etc...if you liked the messages, which i think my customers do....then maybe you would not drop it... almost everyday does work...for us anyway.....
facebook has pictures and history of pictures and easy info....i dont twitter but it doesnt sound like it would be anything close to facebook....facebook is kind of the current green oak channel...we were at 1798 fans yesterday...and hardly any unlikes..vand we hear good feedback almost everyday in the store....we are local and about women and a bout neat fun stuff , so it fits us very well...

KristineS
08-29-2011, 01:25 PM
*My opinion* is that FB is not the place to over-post just to keep visible.
Provide value and people will seek you out.

Definitely agree with this. It's like anything else. If you cultivate relationships and prove to people that you can provide something they want, they'll stick with you no matter how much or how little you post.

greenoak
08-31-2011, 09:26 AM
the good thing is that you can s ee if you are getting unliked...and take note... .....
. i got the most reaction on fb this week from doing what kristine said,,,,,and posting a very neat link not about selling...i try to do that a lot....
we are getting good feedback almost daily so i am happy with facebook....im trying to keep a bit on my blog going too, for seo reasons, ...but it never helped our business near what facebook has .....
none of our 3 blogs have over 50 followers, facebook 1800, ....but jons blog which is all about pictures and prices of whats in today usually works really well and results in a call or email about a specific thing......but the traffic to it is almost entirely thru being posted on our facebook... i love my magpie blog and it was hard to face facts on its value.....i dont have time for it or i still would be doing it just for my own satisfaction...