PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants a Free Website?

vangogh
05-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Hey All,

A friend of mine is running a contest and the grand prize is…you guessed it, a free website. The contest is open till May 24th and I know he does good work. Here are the prizes.

Grand Prize
Free business website up to $10,000, free hosting for a year through Media Temple, free online invoicing for a year through FreshBooks, and a $500 copy editing certificate from ColinCopy.com for a total prize package of $11, 849.

First Prize
30% discount on a business website up to $10,000, free online invoicing for six months through FreshBooks, and a $500 copy editing certificate from ColinCopy.com for a total prize package of $4,429.

There are three more levels of prizes, which are basically the same as above except each is worth a little less. It's the same basic prizes though.

Entering the contest isn't too hard. Follow and share on either Facebook or Twitter, fill out a quote request, and leave a comment on the contest post (http://www.virtuosimedia.com/corporate/blog/ultimate-business-contest-win-a-free-website-21000-in-prizes). The post offers a few more details as well as the other prize levels.

I thought if anyone here was looking for a free or low cost site you might be interested.

KristineS
05-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow, that's a pretty good list of prizes.

vangogh
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah I thought so too. I figured someone here might want a new site and this seemed like am easy way to potentially get it. Plus I know Ben the person behind the contest and he's a good guy and a good web developer.

VirtuosiMedia
05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey Steven, thanks for posting this. I've been meaning to sign up for your forum for a while and this seemed like a great opportunity. I'd definitely encourage everyone to join the contest and tell their friends. We have about a week and a half left, so there's still opportunity to enter. Plus, entry is free, so you can't really go wrong. If anyone has any questions about the contest, I'd be happy to answer them here or through email.

vangogh
05-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Ben. Glad to post about the contest. I think it's a great deal and I'm sure someone here could use a website.

We've built up a nice community here over the years. I spend more of my time here than I do at TT now. Too much 'me too' posts over there and we've been deleting those here since day 1 to keep the quality up.

MyITGuy
05-21-2011, 08:14 AM
If anyone has any questions about the contest, I'd be happy to answer them here or through email.

Is the contest for the design only, or do you also provide the content?

I ask as my ability to explain what we do in clear and attractive marketing lingo is one of my weaker points.

vangogh
05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
One of the prizes is copywriting services.

MyITGuy
05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
One of the prizes is copywriting services.

Great news! I missed that one in the list =(