PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this design...

websonalized
05-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Hello,

I am working in a website for a client.

I have come up with the same design, two different colors.

COuld you guys give me some feedback? (forgive the slide show in clue one. Still working on some text for the side of slide show)

First color green: Foundation Waterproofing Los Angeles (http://samples.websonalized.com/waterdamage/)

Second color blue: Foundation Waterproofing Malibu (http://samples.websonalized.com/waterdamage/foundation-waterproofing-malibu.html)

Russ in Vancouver
05-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I think its pretty cool, however, I find that some of the text is hard to read based on the backbround color and font colr selection. The white on dark aqua and black on white is fine. I moved the browser over to my lower rez 1280x1024 from 1920x1080 and it was alot better. lol, I think I have the same text size issues on my site for the higher rez monitor people out there..
Maybe the main banner image could be a little larger.

vangogh
05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Overall both seem fine. I agree with Russell about the background color in places. It's not bad or unreadable at all. It happens a little more on the green site. The blue one seems easier to read.

I'm not sure what I think of the bubbles in the background. I think they make a nice visual touch, but they make me think of the ocean. Given the location I realize the water damage is probably being caused a lot by proximity to the ocean, but I hold different thoughts in my mine about them. More positive thoughts when thinking about the ocean and more negative thoughts thinking about water damage. Maybe the bubbles are a good way to present it. Maybe it will connect the positive ocean feelings with the business. I'm not entirely sure though. Don't remove the bubbles because of me at all, but maybe it's worth thinking about what message is being sent.

On a similar not I'm not sure the video playing is the best first impression. I think the videos are good, but I don't know that I'd want them to be the first impression the site gives off. I think it might be better to focus on the positive of the business more than the negative in such a visible area. I know the idea is the business will fix that damage, but maybe a better lead would be to show the after, with happy customers or even a before and after image.

Hope that helps.

websonalized
06-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Thank you guys

tylerhutchinson
06-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Went to review it and the site looks down. Maybe your editing? Let me know if you pulled it to edit and I will take a look when it comes back up. :)