PDA

View Full Version : Customers caught in Afternoon Delight

huggytree
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I was bidding on a job this afternoon with a builder

it was a double bath remodel (1st floor/2nd floor)

we finished discussing the 1st floor bath and were walking up stairs when we heard a woman moaning and groaning loudly...we both stopped on the stairs and stared at each in disbelief...after a few more moans it was obvious what was going on.....we walked out the door & locked it, so we could pretend we werent in the house....

we sat outside for 5 mins and then rang the door bell.....the homeowners knew we were coming and the builder had a key.......we had a wager on if the wife was alone or not....i lost the bet when the husband came to the door.....

we had to pretend to go over the 1st floor bath again and when going up stairs we made a loud announcement were coming up....

in 15 years in construction this has never happened before.....i was hoping the wife would be hot...............nope...she didnt match the picture i had in my head while waiting 5 mins outside their house...

anything similar happen to you today?

501graphics
04-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Lol!! Hilarious! When I saw the subject of your post, I knew we were in for a funny story!

greenoak
04-19-2011, 07:21 AM
she must have looked ok to him!!!
heres mine...my worker has adopted a chameleon that we accidentally brought back from florida....so this guy calls the store and asks if she still works there becasue he has somehting to give her....then he said his BAIT had turned into flies and he wants to give them to ruth for her lizard...

Harold Mansfield
04-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I used to be a limo driver on the Las Vegas strip, so obviously I've seen a lot in this area. If you happen on it every now by mistake during the course of your job, you can get a tickle out of it. But believe me when I say this..when it is common place every weekend and the images are constantly in your rear view mirror (because drunks never roll up the partition), it gets really old.

On busy nights I would actually avoid couples that acted as if they were looking to do the "limo thing", because it would actually cost me money to get stuck in strip traffic for an hour so.

I'd hate to shine one of those CSI black lights in the back of a Las Vegas limo. Take my advice, never get into the back of a dirty limo in Vegas.
We used to joke that interior of limos in Vegas should be made of tile with a drain in the middle so that we could just rinse them out.

Huggy, could you install something like that in a car?

(I think I've grossed out enough people now).

huggytree
04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
they used to make pickup trucks that can be hosed out...i saw a Jeep magazine ad which shows you can still do it

get a Jeep Limo

huggytree
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
i won the job yesterday....so i get to see the lovely homeowner a few times...we will see if i can get it out of my head when im talking with her next time

this job is a $150k job for the builder...so lucky they didnt know we were there....out of embarrassment im sure they wouldnt have hired us if they knew

billbenson
04-21-2011, 02:23 PM
If this vans a rock'n don't come a knock'n

Harold Mansfield
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
i won the job yesterday....so i get to see the lovely homeowner a few times...we will see if i can get it out of my head when im talking with her next time

Congrats on the job!

You are lucky that you only heard it. When you see it, it's much harder to rinse the images from your brain.
I got stuff up there that will never go away and all of it is NOT pretty.

On the other hand, it's much easier to deal with people when you have seen ( or heard) them in a vulnerable position ( no pun intended). It kind of takes the mystery out. You also feel a sense of embarrassment for them, that they don't know you have.

In a related story, I was doing a screen to screen consultation with a client a while back and I was watching their screen and giving direction. As they were typing in their search bar, it started to auto populate words from their previous searches that started with the same letters.

Let's just say that you know how embarrassing that can be when you are searching for things that you don't want anyone else to see.
Of course I acted as if I didn't see anything and just went on as normal.

frustrated
05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
that can be a really embarrassing situation. I had a similar thing happen to me about ten years ago in college working for a landlord.

I had an appt to fix a hole some girl's boyfriend punched in a wall. I rang the doorbell and nobody answered. I walked in and announced my presence, no answer. I walk up to her bedroom and it turns out she was in the shower and couldn't hear me. It was embarrassing but we all got over it and now it's just a funny story.

Seriously though - you need to be careful for liability, especially if you're on these jobs alone. I have people who think it's weird that I ring the doorbell before coming back in from grabbing a tool in my truck, or tell them I'm going to get a tool ans asking if they want me to knock before reentering. I still do it for exactly this reason.

huggytree
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
when i see the homeowner i can barely look at her...i picture her n@ked and moaning.....if she were younger it would be really difficult....she wears high heels and dresses like a cougar......maybe ill take some estrogen pills the days i work on her house to get sex off my mind

ive asked my wife what she does when contractors are in our house?

Russ in Vancouver
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Huggy,

Are you sure that the man was her husband and not a different tradesman there giving a quote prior to yours?

What was your wifes answer?

huggytree
05-21-2011, 05:32 PM
they actually arent married yet....boyfriend/girlfriend....They are getting married and moving in together after the remodel....he's fixing up the place for her expensive tastes...its a whole house remodel (probably around $200,000 now)

i always tease my wife about having contractors in the house....i ask the kids if Mommy told the kids to go in the basement and watch Sponge Bob for a 1/2 hour while she was alone with the electrician/drywaller/concrete guy

My wife was going to be a NUN when she was younger....she wanted kids and thats why she didnt.....it makes me feel like a Sperm Donor sometimes, but it also makes me feel safe in my marriage......