PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or Facebook?

jamesray50
04-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Since I can't get my blog to import into notes I found an app that several of my friends are using, along with millions of other FB users. I filled out all the info and it pulled my blog into the app. I went to syndicate it and picked my business page, not my personal page, but it put the app on my personal page. What am I doing wrong? I want visitors to my business page to see that I have a blog, not my personal friends. I don't really if it stays on there, but I want to get it on my business page, it gives me the option to put it there, it just doesn't do it. I am so aggravated. I was looking a my google analytics today and I get most of my website traffic from FB and would really like to add my blog to my business page. I really feel like giving them a piece of my mind.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Go to Networked blogs ( I assume that is the app you are talking about):
NetworkedBlogs | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/networkedblogs)

Don't click "Go to app" at the top, instead, scroll down to the links on the left side and look for "Add to My page".and choose the page that you want to add the app to.

You should be able to take it from there.

jamesray50
04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks, that was the app I was talking about. And I actually like the blog tab name better than the note tab name. Visitors might not look for a blog under notes, but if they see a blog tab they may actually read it.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks, that was the app I was talking about. And I actually like the blog tab name better than the note tab name. Visitors might not look for a blog under notes, but if they see a blog tab they may actually read it.

When working correctly, visitors don't have to go to the notes tab, new post headlines go straight to your wall and their news stream

savantcreative
04-15-2011, 02:22 PM
The only FB app that I have had success with respect to blogs is Social RSS. It is still a bit buggy but it will get you there with a minimum of hair pulling. I hope this helps :)

Chris1812
07-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I have not tried Social RSS yet. You mention it is a bit buggy...can you explain what some of the problems are? I have been using Networked Blogs and it does not log my followers. I will get an email stating I have a new follower, but the number has not changed. Does anyone else have this issue?

jamesray50
07-23-2011, 02:50 AM
I don't know what Social RSS is, but when I post a blog it take a couple of days for it to show up anywhere. Even if I ping it, it takes a long time to show up. It's frustrating.