PDA

View Full Version : 8 Types of websites that you need to stop building

Harold Mansfield
04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
The Oatmeal is a great resource for some laughs, especially if you do any web or computer work.
I thought this one was funny:
8 Websites You Need to Stop Building - The Oatmeal (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/websites_stop)

greenoak
04-01-2011, 06:44 PM
cute!!! i didnt get the last one....but what a neat site...

billbenson
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
You know, I'm probably the only member here who makes his living on the web that doesn't have a facebook, twitter or similar account. And I'm thankful that I don't need to!

Spider
04-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Phew! I thought I'd see my site there at least once. But, No! I was clear.

(I think!)

Harold Mansfield
04-01-2011, 10:59 PM
I've done all of those, with the exception of flash.

Funny thing about that Web 2.0 stuff. I knew it was a fad. People kept telling me "It needs to be more 'web 2.0'" and I never got it. It was just big buttons and pastel colors. Glad to see someone else making fun of it.

Harold Mansfield
04-01-2011, 11:17 PM
My favorite caption from that comic is:

In order to be an expert at Social Media, first you need to write"social media expert" in your bio on Twitter. After that, you need to tweet a lot and update a Facebook fan page. It's really complicated stuff. You should buy my e-book.

Business Attorney
04-02-2011, 12:11 AM
I thought it was very funny, and I'm not even a web guy!

vangogh
04-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Funny. Matt (Oatmeal) usually creates some pretty funny things. He used to work for SEOmoz a few years back, but he left to do his own thing.

KristineS
04-04-2011, 10:07 AM
My favorite caption from that comic is:

in order to be an expert at Social Media, first you need to write"social media expert" in your bio on Twitter. After that, you need to tweet a lot and update a Facebook fan page. It's really complicated stuff. You should buy my e-book.

I thought that was funny too. I've run into a lot of self proclaimed social media experts lately. Most of them are legends in their own mind and nowhere else.

tylerhutchinson
05-29-2011, 08:33 PM
HAHA thats funny. Thanks for sharing.

technowonder
02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Very funny! :D
I really like the site they have for No.4 "Pork'D" as a Digg and Reddit clone!