PDA

View Full Version : If you don't care about them, they won't care about the success of your business.

ParaTed2k
03-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Your customers, suppliers, vendors and others won't care about how your business is doing if you prove you don't care about them. Developing relationships, following up, showing appreciation for their contribution to your success. All of these come down to one thing...

What would you consider "That one thing"?

greenoak
03-14-2011, 09:31 AM
the golden rule..mutual respect? its so great when you get there with someone....even if in business its probably cross parasitic? mutually beneficial...
..but hey when it comes to selling, if you dont have something that THEY LIKE ...they might like you but STILL SEEK OUT THE PLACE THAT FITS THEIR NEEDS better......its all about them all the time imho...

KristineS
03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I think now, more than ever, it's about being part of the community, whether that community is your town, or a virtual community. If you're only in a relationship to sell, sell, sell, you won't get very far. People have gotten very good at turning out messages that are simply sales pitches. You have to bring some kind of relationship to the table if you want to really succeed.

Patrysha
03-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't think life or business is ever simple enough to boil down to "just one thing". I do care deeply about my customers...extending all the way down to the readers of my newsletters and blogs who aren't quite ready to take action and those who never will for whatever reason. How I express that boils down to communication (which I am good at) and consistancy (a constant struggle for my personality type).

ParaTed2k
03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
True, it is all about "them", but I've found that if you show appreciation to those you know who are in business, they might not do business with you directly, but they often refer others to you. Which is often even better.

ParaTed2k
03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I think now, more than ever, it's about being part of the community, whether that community is your town, or a virtual community. If you're only in a relationship to sell, sell, sell, you won't get very far. People have gotten very good at turning out messages that are simply sales pitches. You have to bring some kind of relationship to the table if you want to really succeed.

True, developing relationships is far more important than being able to sell, sell, sell. Advertisers and marketing experts have known this for years. It is the basis for all product loyalty. As small business owners, the loyalty isn't so much about brand name as our name. When we let people know they are appreciated, they are more likely to throw business our way. Of course the difference between our appreciation marketing and the big guys marketing is, our appreciation has to be a two way street.

ParaTed2k
03-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't think life or business is ever simple enough to boil down to "just one thing". I do care deeply about my customers...extending all the way down to the readers of my newsletters and blogs who aren't quite ready to take action and those who never will for whatever reason. How I express that boils down to communication (which I am good at) and consistancy (a constant struggle for my personality type).

True, the appreciation and caring can't be limited just to people who become customers. We need to conduct ourselves with an appreciation for the people we come in contact with, regardless of what they can do for us or our business. No relationship will last if you make the other person feel like they're only a paycheck for you.