PDA

View Full Version : Forward email from GoDaddy

jamesray50
03-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Can I forward my GoDaddy email to my regular email account? I got an email with my new domain name and want to forward it to my regular email account so I don't have to sign it to GoDaddy everyday to check my emails. I didn't see anywhere on there how to do it.

Thanks,

billbenson
03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm assuming you have godaddy hosting. Does your hosting plan give you access to a control panel for setting up your account, adding emails etc? If the answer is yes, then you should be able to do it there. If the answer is no, you probably have a site builder type of account or other account that doesn't allow you that control.

This is something to be aware of when choosing hosting. The free hosting or site builder or similar accounts don't have all of the features you usually need for your site.

Duston McGroarty
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
I just came across this post... I have GoDaddy and yes you can have all emails
that are incoming to your GoDaddy address sent to another address.

Go to My Products > Email > Click Manage Account next to the email you want to edit

Then when you're in Email Plan click the checkbox next to the email address and
click the edit button to the right. A popup will appear... click on the advanced tab
and enter the email address you want your messages sent to in the Send CC To:
field.

That's it!

jamesray50
04-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Thanks, I ended up paying for their forwarding plan, so the email is forwarded. I didn't want to have email within GoDaddy at all.

Duston McGroarty
04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I have most of my sites set up like I mentioned above for no extra cost. It
immediately forwards (CC's) the email to my personal address and I can
reply from there.

There are no limits on the amount of cc's you can do with GoDaddy.

deesseboutique
04-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Jo Ellen

If you have a domain with Godaddy you automatically have one free address (ie: info@yourdomain.com ) that can be forwarded. You didn't need to pay for forwarding.

jamesray50
04-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure how to do it so I called them and they walked me through the setup of the forwarding. I had overpaid for my hosting too because I had bought the wrong hosting package, so I had credits and had to just extend my time, so I'll have to look at my payments and see if they gave me credit.

CloptonCapital
04-07-2011, 02:36 AM
The easier cheaper way would have been to just have the chosen email address import mail from godaddys smtp.