PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Seeding Branded Videos

KristineS
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I thought this was interesting (http://www.marketingvox.com/how-to-tips-for-seeding-branded-web-videos-041266/?camp=newsletter&src=mv&type=textlink). It discusses the benefits of branded viral videos and what works and what doesn't.

The point they make that I like is the bit about this type of marketing not being right for every brand. I think that's a vital point that often gets missed or overlooked.

vangogh
10-02-2008, 12:56 AM
That is an interesting article. I disagree a little with the idea that viral videos aren't for every brand. I think it's more an issue where some brands have an easier time coming up with an angle that can go viral than others, but I think everyone could potential create a viral video.

A good example is Blentec, which the article mentions. Prior to their will it blend videos most people probably wouldn't have thought a video about a blender could go viral. They found the creative angle and built a huge following.

If you're creative enough you can find a way, but I agree that it will be harder for some companies than others.

One of the things I found interesting in the article was the idea of hiring a seed company to get your viral campaign started. Your campaign is going to need a push if it's to reach critical mass, but I wonder how many organizations think of hiring out to give your video that push.

I remember seeing the video of the ball girl. I know it's fake, but it looks so cool.