PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

degadar
08-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi everyone,

My name's Graham and I'm addicted to doing business. It's nice not to be alone. I was known as 'UK-Netmarketer' at another place.

I'm in the UK and have a handful of small businesses doing various small businessy things - mostly on the internet. The website says 'New Media Marketing Company" which I personally can't stand, but also can't think of a better way of saying what we do. ISP, ASP, developer, marketing consultant and sales agent sounds far, far worse.

Personal specialities are business and IT systems, advertising and marketing. I'm reasonably good at making sense out of chaos - that's what I like doing best. Pretty handy with anything that involves coffee. I don't take much very seriously. I love all aspects of business and learning about how other people's business works is a great joy. There's always something you can learn, and an unlimited number of secrets you can pick up and stuff up your jumper.

I'm very english in a Basil Faulty / Prince Charles / Spike Milligan / Woody Allen sort of way. So don't be offended or take anything I write seriously.

That's about me - looking forward to being around a bit.

ttfn

Deg.

vangogh
08-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Welcome to our new hangout Graham. Sorry about the email confirmation not making it to you earlier. When I saw your username I was wondering who you might be. I was also wondering if UK-Netmarketer was going to show up. Mysteries solved.

Anyone who mentions Basil Faulty gets extra points. I only wish the show had been on longer.

As you can see we're still getting our feet wet here. Still plenty to do and hopefully more people to meet and greet. I might need to take a couple days to get back to my clients so there may not be a lot of changes here till the weekend.

We did survive our first day though.

Don't forget to add a signature and poke around. We have a newer version of vBulletin so there are a few more features here than I've seen at other forums.

KristineS
08-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome Graham. It's lovely to see we've gone international.

We're glad you're here.

cbscreative
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I'll have to get to know you as a new user name, Graham, I'm used to your UK name. Welcome to the party and it's great to have you join us here. We're still working through the kinks, but things are already better here than the old forum has been in quite some time now.

degadar
08-07-2008, 12:08 PM
I'll have to get to know you as a new user name, Graham, I'm used to your UK name.

Sorry about that - I do like a change. To keep the theme I've ditched Liz as the avatar and gone for Charles. I don't think it helps much.

Coach Morse
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Deg,
Welcome to SBF! :)