PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Topic Conference Call

nowms
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Just wanted to throw an idea out there. Anyone interested in doing a weekly conference call where we can share ideas and thoughts on various topics? Each week we could pick a topic and have a leader for the discussion.

Steve B
02-10-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm not. That's what we're already doing on this forum, except we can all log on when it's convenient to us. It wouldn't be bad to hear the immediate exchange, but I know I wouldn't be able to make it a priority on my schedule.

Spider
02-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Not something I'd be interested in on a regular basis, but don't let me discourage others. I like the drawn-out discussions we have now - they give everyone time to think and consider their replies. Instant communication is cool from a technical point of view, but wastes a lot of time.

Harold Mansfield
02-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't like talking to the people on the phone that I have to. I don't really want to add to that. I especially don't like talking to multiple people at once. I know the technology is there, but the timing and etiquette are still the same. To me it only works on a video conference where you can see reactions and time your responses.

Not that I think it's a bad idea. Just doesn't sound like something I would enjoy.

jamesray50
02-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Me either. I'm member of other groups that have video conferences and I never attend.