PDA

View Full Version : My first paid ad

Reflo Ltd
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
I will be putting out my first paid ad next month in a publication that is directed to the parents and doctors of children with autism.

I have been getting a good number of orders from parents of children with special needs and thought this might be a good place to start.... especially since it also goes to many of the doctors that might refer my product to their patients.

The ad is attached, I'd love feedback.

after I uploaded the file I noticed that the colors are displaying funny here. no idea why. Instead, here is a link to a PDF of the ad online.. it's over 1mb so if you are on dial up, be warned. https://reflo.net/photos/adpdf.pdf

Steve B
02-08-2011, 04:04 AM
I love it. Simple and enticing at the same time.

Good luck with it.

greenoak
02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
nice colors...looks good...

Blessed
02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Looks good to me too! I think it is smart to target the market that seems to be first taking advantage of your new cup - the special needs families.

KristineS
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks like a good, solid ad. Good luck with it.

Reflo Ltd
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I am glad to see the positive responses.

Paper Shredder Clay
02-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Looks pretty good, but I think I would have lined up the colorful cups and just show one box. Nice though.

J from Michigan
02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Looks good. The top line seems a little light, but maybe it's just me...

Reflo Ltd
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
I had all my photos done professionally so I only have so many pics to work with (I can modify via Photoshop but only to a certain degree).

jamesray50
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
I love it. If I had small children I would buy the cups. Have you seen the bowls that don't tip over? I don't know what they are called but I saw a commercial once for them and thought that was a pretty nice idea too. I wish I had the imagination to think up things like this.

Reflo Ltd
02-24-2011, 11:12 PM
I love it. If I had small children I would buy the cups. Have you seen the bowls that don't tip over? I don't know what they are called but I saw a commercial once for them and thought that was a pretty nice idea too. I wish I had the imagination to think up things like this.

You're the second person that brought that product to my attention. I caught the commercial on TLC a week or two ago and recorded it. Cool idea.

Blessed
02-25-2011, 09:32 AM
How is the ad working Pete? Do you have any idea of the kind of traffic it has generated for you yet?

Reflo Ltd
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
How is the ad working Pete? Do you have any idea of the kind of traffic it has generated for you yet?

The publication will go out March 15... I will let you know.

By the way I was contacted by a VERY LARGE retailer recently. It turns out his wife got one of our cups in a raffle that we contributed products to (a mom/church group) and their 10 month old used it with great success right away. He was so impressed he contacted me about adding the product to their shelves. I don't want to say too much yet in the public forum but I am very thrilled at the opportunity to present this to them. I meet with them next week.

Blessed
02-25-2011, 01:32 PM
It sounds like 2011 is getting off to the right start for you!

Reflo Ltd
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
It sounds like 2011 is getting off to the right start for you!

I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch but so far so good.

squiremktg
03-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Pete,

I like the ad for its simplicity, though I'm concerned that visually it doesn't communicate HOW the cups are different than sippy cups. I can kind of see how it's different in the product shot, but a photo demonstrating its use might be more effective. The use of colors is strong, but the text could be stronger.

Congratulations on what looks like a great product, though. And best of luck with your marketing efforts. You're off to a strong start.

Bryan

greenoak
03-20-2011, 07:28 AM
thats great pete!!! a little lady luck and serendipity is always welcome....hope it works out ...

Russ in Vancouver
05-09-2011, 01:01 AM
The publication will go out March 15... I will let you know.

By the way I was contacted by a VERY LARGE retailer recently. It turns out his wife got one of our cups in a raffle that we contributed products to (a mom/church group) and their 10 month old used it with great success right away. He was so impressed he contacted me about adding the product to their shelves. I don't want to say too much yet in the public forum but I am very thrilled at the opportunity to present this to them. I meet with them next week.

Hi Pete, I too was wondering how your ad campaign went. I've got an 18 month son, and this cup is right up our alley.
We hope it turned out well and that you got the deal with that retailer as well.

Reflo Ltd
05-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi Russell... I have stopped all ads on Both Google and Facebook. They are costing way more than they produce in sales. My fear is that the clicks I am getting and paying for, of course, are not being generated by actual people. I have read about "ad bots" that scour ads like these for whatever reason.

So, maybe I am getting false clicks or maybe not, no idea how to tell... but the end result is simply that I am paying way more than I am making on the ads.

bizmultiplier
06-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I like it too. I love this product. I've showed it to several mothers and they love it too!

bizmultiplier
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Have you ever thought about doing an advertorial about the hidden dangers of Sippy Cups and then putting your product as a solution?

tylerhutchinson
06-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I think it is fairly simple, but looks great! Good luck.

Reflo Ltd
06-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I've done a political advertorial once with me as the solution..... It really is a great way to put out info.

However, the cost of advertising like that is pretty heavy, especially in publications that target my demographic.

Reflo Ltd
06-24-2011, 06:16 PM
I like it too. I love this product. I've showed it to several mothers and they love it too!

Thanks, I appreciate the promotion!

jeffscott
08-14-2018, 03:58 AM
I would recommend to use negative keywords to filter your upcoming clicks to the ad campaign.

Sionoo
10-19-2018, 05:04 AM
There are Paid and free ads but both are different because through paid ads we can target prefered Audience and it is not possible with free ads. I run many paid ads and my first paid ad was also well and i target around 3 millions people according to my prefrence with in 9 weeks.

BusyBiz
11-10-2018, 02:12 PM
There are Paid and free ads but both are different because through paid ads we can target prefered Audience and it is not possible with free ads. I run many paid ads and my first paid ad was also well and i target around 3 millions people according to my prefrence with in 9 weeks.

What is a free ad?????

Riley Lueilwitz
03-20-2019, 12:47 AM
I think now you are done, come on! share your experience with the first ad:)

turboguy
03-20-2019, 10:07 AM
On the topic of ad's I had a cool deal yesterday. This is about print ad's before I go further. I have had a trade magazine that publishes a pretty nice glossy magazine with 140,000 circulation that has called me from time to time wanting me to advertise. Yesterday about noon they gave me a call. He said he had been wanting me to try their magazine and would like to give me a really good offer to see if it worked for me. I was all braced for a discount and planned to say no when he made the offer. They were going to press that day and evidently had a cancellation. He offered me a full page ad for free that normally sells for $ 9,150.00. The only catch was I had to have the art work to them before the end of the day yesterday. So, I got busy with Photoshop and got the add off to him. No matter how the results turn out I can't lose from that one.

davidlee21
03-21-2019, 02:52 AM
Look good, i feel it will work well.

christinarobert
02-24-2021, 08:53 AM
I remember where I did my first paid ad for a company that provided holistic healing https://www.enlightenwithingle.com/ which was quite difficult at first since I barely had the grasp of ads. I found out that the best way was through Facebook so I found keywords related to spiritual consultant. The owner was friendly since he knew it was my first time but later when I delivered quality work the owner became extremely happy. However my journey with him was only for a while since I move on to another company.