PDA

View Full Version : DNN (DotNetNuke) webhosts

Paper Shredder Clay
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Do any of you have experience with DNN hosts? For a while I was on Godaddy and I have to say their DNN hosting was bad and I will not recommend them. I am now running the DNN site on a free trial with DNN4Less. It is going pretty good, the loading time has decreased substantially. I have heard of PowerDNN and Brinkster. If you have experience with DNN sites, who would you recommend?

Thanks guys.

vangogh
02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Sorry I don't have any experience with DotNetNuke. The DotNetNuke site is hosted by MaximimASP (http://www.maximumasp.com/). I would think that's a pretty good endorsement.

Out of curiosity why did you choose it as a CMS? I don't know enough about it to say it's good or bad, but when I think of it the image that comes to mind is one of the older CMSs that fell by the wayside as WordPress and Drupal have risen. That may not be a fair assessment on my part though, which is why I'm asking what made you decide to go with it. Also what do you think of it?

Paper Shredder Clay
02-08-2011, 01:27 PM
The place where I work utilizes it. We deal with corporations and they seem to like it. It is built on Microsoft, so I assume thats one reason corporations like it. There are also plenty of modules you can use with it. It isn't the CMS I would choice, but it is growing on me, and I have also used it in freelancing too.

vangogh
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Makes sense. I had a feeling when I saw ASP in the host's domain. I used to think it was php based, but maybe the reason I never used it years ago was the ASP connection as I don't know ASP. I've generally heard good things about DotNetNuke, but can't say I know much about it or many people using it. Guess it's more for the enterprise crowd than for lone developers like me.