PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting the blog back together.

Harold Mansfield
02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I neglected this blog for a few months. Just didn't have the time, and the design was 3 years old and I could never figure out a direction that I wanted to go in for a redesign.
But I miss it and have been getting quite a few "what happened to you?" emails, not to mention that I am still on everyone's mailing list so press emails have been piling up and going unanswered.

Also, my affiliate commissions have taken a dive, so I plopped a quick redesign on it, threw in Buddypress (still working out some configuration issues there), opened up a few more ad spots and pretty much , "Here's Johnny!".

Still looking for a good background image, so the image in the upper left will probably go when I find one.

This is the one that started it all. How I got into this line of work in the first place, so it needs to be back.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated:
124 Beats Per Minute - The Latest News in Trance, House and Electronic Dance Music (http://124bpms.com/)

Patrysha
02-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm a rock and roll girl...I have no clue what a thing on your site means...or what the target market wants and looks for. I mean it looks pretty...but don't see that you're maximizing the monetization potential of the site.

Harold Mansfield
02-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I mean it looks pretty...but don't see that you're maximizing the monetization potential of the site.
At the moment I'm not. The site has been dormant for almost 4 months. I need to get my people back.
However, there is money in pretty much every direction on the site.
With the exception of the facebook widget, at least 75% of it is some kind of relationship or program.
You just don't see any "ads".

greenoak
03-15-2011, 10:34 PM
good luck ....back to your roots.....

CloptonCapital
03-22-2011, 03:19 PM
You should utilize headings and titles more. Obviously you're targeting the keyword "dance music" but you can easily shove four more relevant keywords into the site.

Harold Mansfield
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
You should utilize headings and titles more. Obviously you're targeting the keyword "dance music" but you can easily shove four more relevant keywords into the site.

I use keywords and descriptions on each post. Only the blog page targets dance music as a keyword. On the home page I have "Electronic Dance Music, Night Life, Dance Music News, Clubbing, Trance Music, House Music", 'shoved' in. Probably too many, but it's not broken so I left it alone.