PDA

View Full Version : Bloggers Show Some Love to The Forum

Harold Mansfield
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Many of us have blogs that are up and running. Of those many of you have "make money online", finance, and blogs that offer tips and suggestions on some kind of business.

When the "other" forum started acting sporadically with outages and such and no clear direction, Van Gogh with the help of other members took on the responsibility to keep this resource open so that we can have a place to bounce ideas off of each other and learn a few things.

I started the ball rolling on one of my blogs to write a short article about this new forum to help draw some attention to it.

For those of you who have blogs that such an article would fit in nicely as a resource for your readers, or that can say a few words with a little link love, it would be a great help to the mods if they didn't have to do everything and could get the support of us who love coming around here.
I am sure you have one of those days when you can't think of anything to write about, well here ya go.

Help support the forum.:D

<disclaimer> The opinions expressed here are in no way those of small-business-forum.net., it's owners, or moderators.</disclaimer>

vangogh
09-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Thanks Harold. It's certainly appreciated.

My first few posts after we launched were about this place and I mention us where and when I can, but it's great to see others wanting to talk us up and spread the word. I think we all feel like we have something special here and hopefully we can all help to make it grow.

By the way, for anyone who missed it originally we have some badges you can display (http://www.small-business-forum.net/forum-news-announcements/208-badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.html) on your site. Steve (cbs Steve) created images in some standard banner sizes and I wrapped some code around them so anyone can simply copy and paste the code and the image will show on your site.

If anyone would prefer a standard banner size we don't currently have let us know. We can easily make a new one, but we would prefer to keep them at standard banner sizes.

Thanks again for blogging about the community.

KristineS
09-28-2008, 10:02 AM
This is a nice idea and we certainly appreciate anyone who places the badge on their blog or writes about us. Every little bit helps.

LJLynch
09-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I'll go blog now. Great idea!

Harold Mansfield
09-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Harold. It's certainly appreciated.

My first few posts after we launched were about this place and I mention us where and when I can, but it's great to see others wanting to talk us up and spread the word. I think we all feel like we have something special here and hopefully we can all help to make it grow.

By the way, for anyone who missed it originally we have some badges you can display (http://www.small-business-forum.net/forum-news-announcements/208-badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.html) on your site. Steve (cbs Steve) created images in some standard banner sizes and I wrapped some code around them so anyone can simply copy and paste the code and the image will show on your site.

If anyone would prefer a standard banner size we don't currently have let us know. We can easily make a new one, but we would prefer to keep them at standard banner sizes.

Thanks again for blogging about the community.
That was going to be my next question. :)

Got my badge up. Here is a live link to them again :
http://www.small-business-forum.net/forum-news-announcements/208-badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.html

Also a lot of bloggers display those little buttons , I think they're like 60x 20 or something like that. If you make one up, I could put that in a lot of my footers.

vangogh
09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll have to look up what size that actually is. If one of the badges we have now is the same width:height ratio I can just scale it down. Otherwise we'll have Steve create a new badge at that size ration.

cbscreative
09-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and corrected those broken links in posts above so they work now.