PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

LJLynch
09-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I ran across this forum yesterday and just signed up. I haven't really had a chance to check the contents out thoroughly, but I am looking forward to it.

I own a technology company in East Lansing. We have 11 employees and provide IT services to business owners in our area. We also have a small retail store, custom build computers and a carry in repair shop. We have been in business since 1982, but focus on the above only since 2000.

I hope that I can learn from some of you, as well as share what I have learned.

Steve B
09-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Welcome aboard Linda. Lots of I.T. people around here. Not me though.

vangogh
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the community Linda. We have a few members, actually 2 admins who live in your area.

Given your business, I think you'll enjoy what we have here. We have some good conversations going relating to running a business in general as well as conversations specific to websites.

Thanks for joining the community and I look forward to getting to know you better.

KristineS
09-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Linda.

I'm one of the admins Vangogh mentioned. I live in Northern Michigan now, but I did live in East Lansing for a while several years ago.

LJLynch
09-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I noticed that you are in Traverse City. Pretty area - but then I like most of Michigan and can't imagine living anywhere else! I grew up in Southern Indiana - Evansville - and I miss living close to the Ohio River, but nothing other than that.

cbscreative
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Well, now that you have your official intro thread, let me welcome you again as the other admin in MI. I'm glad you found us.

Business Attorney
09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Welcome from Chicago, too. I grew up about 100 miles north of Evansville, in Illinois about 15 miles from Terre Haute.