PDA

View Full Version : Best scam yet!

Spider
01-26-2011, 10:30 PM
I thought y'all would like this. I had to laugh at the balls of the person who sent it.

Director Union Bank Compensation Payment Department
Union Bank and United Nations.
Email: mr.richardwilliamss2@gmail.com

UNITED NATIONS/UNION BANK 2011 SCAM VICTIMS COMPENSATION PAYMENTS/FIGHTING AGAINST INTERNET CORRUPTION .

YOUR REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 06654 $5MILLION USD.

Happy new year!!! This is to bring to your notice that I am delegated by the United Nations Under Secretary general & Union Bank Of Nigeria this new year,2011 to compensate 100 scam victims $5 Million USD each, you are listed and approved for this payment as one of the scammed victims by Nigerian scammers & hoodlums, get back to me as soon as possible with a scanned copy of your international passports or drivers license for identifications and for the immediate payment of your $5 Million compensation funds. ....

It goes on for several more paragraphs.

Isn't that something?!

vangogh
01-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Funny. I think I may have gotten that one recently, but deleted it think it was the usual Nigerian scam before reading much. I guess we can say at least they're trying to be different. The sad thing is anyone who actually did fall for the original Nigerian scam might very well fall for this one thinking they can get their money back.

KristineS
01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
I think I got one like this too. I just deleted it before I even read it.

You have to wonder who falls for these things.

Harold Mansfield
01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow! A scam about scams. That is ingenious and very comical.
Love the Gmail address. You would think the UN, or a bank would have $10 for a domain of their own.

billbenson
01-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Every single nigerian scam email I ever received was from a Yahoo mail account. I think people that fall for this kind of stuff aren't going to notice the gmail account.

vangogh
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Wow! A scam about scams. That is ingenious and very comical.

Literally taking things to a new level.

jamesray50
01-27-2011, 07:35 PM
My dad falls for these. I didn't find out until a few years ago that he had actually sent money to these scammers. Now I have power of attorney and he can no longer drive. He still gets these and spends hours on his computer negeoting with them to reduce the amount of money he needs to send them to get the big award. It doesn't matter how many times I tell him they are scams, he thinks one of them will be real. But, he has finally agreed not to send any more money, I think cos he knows I just won't do it. I tell him about the phoney emails addresses, but I also look up the addresses for the banks they say his "supposed" millions is in, and the addresses are not the addresses of the actual banks or branches. I really don't understand why my dad spends so my time on this or believing this, because he really is an intelligent man and doesn't show any signs of dementia. I kinda feel bad for him.