PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Facebook Trick. Post as Page Admin, not with personal profile

Harold Mansfield
01-23-2011, 11:05 AM
This may be the easiest solution to a problem ever. When you create a Facebook page, you obviously create it through your personal profile.
Many people have a problem posting to the page because it posts using their personal profile identity and they want to post as the page admin.

All you have to do is "unlike" yourself from your own page. Then when you post on it, it will be as the page admin.

Spider
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM
That can't be it, Harold. I have exactly the opposite problem from you. I could not post as myself on my pages and all posts on the page by me appeared as Admin posts.

I am the admin of my pages (obviously) and I 'like' my pages, and all posts I make on the pages appear as an Admin post. In fact, for a long time I was trying to figure out how to post on my own pages as myself and I was unable to find a way. Until, I discovered that I could post on my own status and include a link (@-) to the page, then my post was a status post, and it would also appear on the page as a personal post from me.

I have no idea what settings are causing you to have an exact opposite problem from me. But if your trick works, that's the solution. My solution above solves the opposite problem.

Harold Mansfield
01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Yep, you are right. That doesn't work. I'm admin on a few pages that aren't mine and it worked on those ,but I guess it doesn't work on your own pages.
Sorry, False alarm.

Spider
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Weird! ....

Harold Mansfield
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
OK, now there is a solution. Go to your page and there is an option on the right in your admin box that say's "Use Facebook as..."

Spider
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
I noticed that. Now you can post as yourself on your pages AND post as your page on your personal profile. Very neat and very useful, although I haven't used it yet.

BTW - How do you like the updated pages? I like it a lot. Those little pictures across the top make the pages and profiles look good and they are completely controllable. This is the first FB upgrade that I haven't heard immediate complaints about.

Another BTW - you haven't liked my new business page yet, Harold. What are you wating for? - a personal invitation?!

FrederickPearce.com - Business Coach, Personal Mentor | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/supercoach123)

Harold Mansfield
02-12-2011, 11:45 PM
I noticed that. Now you can post as yourself on your pages AND post as your page on your personal profile. Very neat and very useful, although I haven't used it yet.

BTW - How do you like the updated pages? I like it a lot. Those little pictures across the top make the pages and profiles look good and they are completely controllable. This is the first FB upgrade that I haven't heard immediate complaints about.

Another BTW - you haven't liked my new business page yet, Harold. What are you wating for? - a personal invitation?!

FrederickPearce.com - Business Coach, Personal Mentor | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/supercoach123)

Didn't even see that you had a new page. As far as the changes. I don't really care one way or another but clients aren't happy.
People really liked the tabs up top.
Can't really tell a page from a profile anymore. It's all exactly the same.

Spider
02-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Well, if you don't read the name of the page, you won't tell one from the other, but I find it useful to read the title. Maybe that's an old-fashioned idea that people don't use anymore?!