PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions for reliable, credible, offshore hosting

Harold Mansfield
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
I have a client that won't feel comfortable unless I find him hosting outside of the U.S. and countries with similar laws or part of the treaty.
Netherlands, Costa Rica or someplace like that.

Nothing about the website has anything illegal.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with a company that they can recommend?

Spider
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Unless he is choosing countries because of the language, Britain or Australia seems like a good choice for outside America, or places where English is an official second language, like Hong Kong or India, for example. All those are as well advanced in the technology as the USA (more so, some would argue.)

Still, I have no specific companies to recommend.

Harold Mansfield
01-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Unless he is choosing countries because of the language, Britain or Australia seems like a good choice for outside America, or places where English is an official second language, like Hong Kong or India, for example. All those are as well advanced in the technology as the USA (more so, some would argue.)

Still, I have no specific companies to recommend.

They are looking for countries that don't abide by any legal treaties or cooperation to access records or ownership information.
Britain, AUS, or anywhere EU won't work. And I won't send money to India, Russia, or China.
The Netherlands or Costa Rica would be my first 2 choices.

Spider
01-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Then my mind jumps immediately to Switzerland, Lichtenstein, The Caymen Islands, or similar Caribbean islands (Bermuda, Aruba, perhaps.) Trouble is, the more detached and "treaty-less" places are likely to be less sophisticated in technological terms. Hong Kong and Singapore come to mind again - ex-British for the language, technical sophistication, somewhat distanced, treaty-wise. How about South Africa? Or the larger South American countries - Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile.

Then you have the small Gulf states - I am thinking Dubai, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Bahrain. English is a common language, money enough to be as technically sophistical as anywhere in the world, and technical staff from the most technically advanced nations anywhere. And as treaty-less as you are likely to get. (As long as your clients are not Israeli!)

billbenson
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I'll send you a PM on this eborg.

Harold Mansfield
01-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks Bill. Much appreciated.