PDA

View Full Version : Keyword Tool

elsoft
01-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Whats the best keyword tools categorized into free and paid tools.Are free tools effective?Please share from your experience.

Harold Mansfield
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Google's:
https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none

There may be tons of others but I haven't seen any reason not to just go to the source company that has more data on internet searches than anyone on the planet.

n_touch
01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. We have never used a paid service, just stuck strictly to the google key word tool and it has worked perfectly for every project.

954SEO
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I second and third that recommendation. Google "keyword tool" its the first thing that comes up.

KristineS
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Google keyword has always worked well enough for me. I've never seen any reason to use a paid tool.

n_touch
01-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Google works well, just keep in mind that it is just that, a tool. it is only there to help you in your choices. I have always used it and will continue to do so even though I have other programs. I figure if you are on their turf, yous the products that they offer. I have sometimes wondered about the numbers that are thrown around with the Google tool, but at least it gives you a reference point to start at.

TotalPC
01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
well some years back we used keycompete. At the time it was quite useful, although i wouldn't use it now. Pretty much the best bet is just the Google tool as everyone above me has already mentioned.

abdur
02-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Keyword Tool by Google is the best ..but i also use keyword spy paid version of Keyword spy is better

greenoak
02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
im having good luck with the google tool too ....now i wish i could remember where to see what keywords some other stores use.....

mettro2
03-01-2011, 02:44 PM
like n_touch said, Google Keyword Tool is just a tool. The best way to find the keywords that fit your business needs is to check out what your most successful competition's keywords are.

jpohl
03-04-2011, 11:14 AM
The number one tool is the google tool.

As someone else mentioned it depends on what you want it for. If you are just trying to get more words for a single site, the google keyword tool is more than enough. However, if you are doing some major digging for keywords, I love two other tools (they cost about $100 each though). The one is Market Samurai and the other is Micro Niche Finder. Both will combine some specific costs, strength of competition, traffic info like google keyword tool but with even more power.

I also will go over to spyfu.com periodically and do some checking on there. They have a paid service but I just use the free. Compete.com also helps with keyword research.

Not directly a keyword tool but I use it as such is google trends and if you are using Google Analytics, they are great sources of information as well. The google wonder wheel is great for those brainstorming ideas.

SoloResults
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Just a quick tip here, when researching keywords, I usually do a little competitive research on my competition using QuantCast.com, Alexa.com and Compete.com. In Alexa.com, I can search a site, click "get details", then click "search analytics". Boom, a list of related keywords I may not have thought of.

Anthony
04-30-2011, 07:04 AM
There are many keyword tool available on the internet which are really good and accurate also. I really like Google keywords tool and SEM rush which are great tools. Google adword keyword tool is completely free and it provides the complete information about the keyword like Demand in Local area and Global area, competition and many more information.

Elsydeon
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Working in the internet marketing gig, one approach is to actually use tags or keywords that are actually unrelated to what you're advertising or selling. For example, if you're a psychic trying to promote readings, consider what might come to mind for some people when they hear the word "psychic", e.g. fraud, fake, astrology, etc.

Diversify and experiment a little with it.

SEO In Leeds
05-17-2011, 03:28 PM
The google keyword tool is what we use

uwwandrew
05-31-2011, 06:29 AM
I have used them all Google, Word Tracker, Web CEO, etc. and Market Samurai is by far the best... free trial and about $100

tylerhutchinson
05-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Google Keywords is best to use. I have used others (both free and at cost) and they do essentially the same as Google.

BetterBusinesshelper
08-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I will have go with Google "keyword tool" (like everyone else) I have tried a few pay ones and to be honest I should have stayed with Google Keyword Tool.

htpcva
09-30-2011, 03:17 AM
Is there anyway to use the google tool to zone in on certain regions that you want to target - not just country specific but state or even city?

vangogh
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
You can use the AdWords ad preview tool (https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000). It's mainly used to see what ads show in specific cities, but the organic search results should also be local too.

You can also change your city in the regular Google results. Look to the menu of options down the left hand column and change the city showing to whatever city you want.

htpcva
09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
now I feel stupid! Thanks, that's really helpful :)

nophin
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Google keyword tool for me too.

vangogh
10-01-2011, 01:54 AM
No need to feel stupid. The stuff on the side isn't always obvious. We're trained to ignore those and focus on the results.

Itsme
10-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I would say Google Keyword Tool for the free option.

For the paid option SEM RUSH, it's a fantastic tool to see what
keywords your site is ranking for, and also will let you see what
competitors are ranking for.

A FANTASTIC TOOL

vangogh
10-10-2011, 02:09 AM
I've never used the paid version of SEM Rush, but I've heard good things about it.

heenakapoor
02-01-2012, 04:28 AM
There are many online tools for research keywords for your website. I use Google Adword Keyword tool for select keywords for my website. It is a best tool provide by Google. It is a free tool for select the keywords. This tool provide Local and Global monthly searches related to your suggested keywords. It suggest some more keywords related to your suggested keywords with their demand in search engine. If you cannot suggest the keywords related to your website, it suggest the relevant keywords related to your website. If you want to run adwords campaign then it provide the estimate cost related to your suggested keywords in search engine.

Karry
09-18-2013, 02:56 AM
Google adwords & Google Keyword research tool are the best. Its free too.

Osprey
09-22-2013, 06:17 PM
google is best - samari something or other is ok too..but why pay?