PDA

View Full Version : Well..... Whatya Think?

CreativeOnDemand
01-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Creative OnDemand by TC Service Source, LLC 2010 (http://www.tcservicesource.com)

CreativeOnDemand
01-03-2011, 04:11 PM
FYI... we know the site is SEO and all flash..... In our line of work this is important to many of our customers, but not so much to us.

I should have clarified "Whatya think of the design....

:~)

vangogh
01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Added: Oops. Looks like you mentioned the Flash about the same time I was posting this. My comments below are before seeing your post above.

You lost me with the all Flash site. As a potential customer I would have left immediately. I doubt that's true of everyone, but it's definitely true of some. You're also just bout guaranteeing your pages (beyond the home page) won't show up in search engines and you've made it harder for people to bookmark pages or use the back button on their browser.

The sound effects need to go as well. They don't add anything, but make it annoying to stay on the site. At the very least the click sound should only occur when someone actually clicks something, not when they mouseover something.

I'll let others comment behind me. You pretty much lost me with the all Flash site. Maybe your target market will be fine with the all Flash, but keep people like me in mind who you lose instantly. By the way my browser is set to block all Flash so when I visit your URL all I see is a big gray square with a button in the middle to activate the Flash. Unless I already know in advance there's something on your site I want I'm not clicking to activate Flash. I know I'm not the only one who does that either.

Patrysha
01-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I won't get into the Flash and SEO. You already know the prevailing opinions on that.

But my question is who is your target market? It really doesn't seem to be small independent business owners at all...so our opinions are not worth a fart in sulfur factory because the mindset and perceptions are going to be on a completely different level. And if it is that is your target, then your approach might need tweaking because as it is the message of what you can do for a small business just isn't there...all your samples are big companies/franchises and your service listing is all industry language instead of small biz language.

So give us a clue...because without knowing who the target is and what the goals are...how is one supposed to judge design. Form follows function and all that jazz...

Blessed
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm not crazy about the design and I'll second what Patrysha said - it doesn't really seem geared toward the small, independent business owners at all.

Steve B
01-03-2011, 08:49 PM
It took 13 seconds to load. I would have backed out of it after about 3 or 4 seconds normally. When it finally did load I didn't care for the movement that happened when I highlighted the topics at the top.

Sorry, but I would have never given it a chance.

jamesray50
01-04-2011, 01:04 AM
I had trouble reading the content while it was moving. And on the other pages I didn't like the background moving. But I can't read in a moving car. Sorry.

954SEO
01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
It's pretty creative. Difficult to follow, but very creative. It seems more like it should be a demonstration then a basis for information. Will there be a nonflash version of the site? For someone like me, its better to be able to determine what you do within a few seconds of landing on the site, and then maybe follow a link to all the fancy shmancy. Nifty flash design, but easier navigation and more legible text would work better for me.

Spider
01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
As you say you know about the SE indexing problem with a flash-only site, obviously going all flash is a conscious decision on your part. As a business coach, I'd be interested to know your thinking - How will your site serve you if people looking for a flash developer cannot find you in the search engines? There's more to this story than meets the eye, I'm sure.

As for design - I don't claim to be a designer but I do visit websites and with your site, it wouldn't stay still. It kept floating first to the left then to the right seemingly at random. Then I realized there is a menu across the top which isn't moving and I could click to get to a fairly static page. I say "fairly" static because the background kept wandering on its own although a fixed panel delivered some information.

However, the pages I went to were silver grey text on white - an impossible-to-read combination. So I exited.

Still, the colors and general appearance of the pages were light and airy and I felt uplifted by them. I'm very much a content sort of person, though, so....