PDA

View Full Version : Intro from Vermont

KarenM
09-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Hello, I'm Karen from Green Mountain Diapers.
I've been selling cloth diapers on the internet since 1998, which I suppose makes me "old".

My husband and I do this full time (well, much more than full time) plus we have one part-time employee. We are home based, with 3 school-aged kiddos, the youngest has just now started Kindergarten. We are retailers but also import custom diapers and have some things made in the USA. I do the site myself.

Cloth diapers is a growing niche, especially as the economy weakens. We don't wash them. We aren't a diaper service. We sell them just like Land's End sells clothes. :p It's tons of fun but of course, lots of hard work.

cbscreative
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Karen, I remember you from the old SBF. Welcome to our new home! I'm glad you somehow found out where so many of the former SBF members have moved to, and I hope you enjoy the community we have created here.

I don't remember you being in VT though. Depending on what part of the state, you may be familiar with my last name.

Sounds like your business is going well. Congrats on that!

Business Attorney
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Karen,

Welcome to the new place! I am well past the stage of buying diapers but I look forward to seeing you join into our discussions.

vangogh
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome to our new home Karen. I'm glad you found the place and I agree it sounds like your business is doing well and growing.

I look forward to chatting more and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
09-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Karen, welcome to the forum. I remember you from the old forum, so it's nice to see another familiar person.

Marcomguy
09-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the SBF, Karen. I look forward to chatting with you in the forum.

Paul Elliott
09-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Welcome, Karen.

I didn't belong to the old SBF long enough to learn most of the folks, but you'll find the "good guys" came over here to start this and I tagged along. :)

I'll check your site.

Oh, yeah...I'm past diapers, too, until I get some grandchildren.

Tell us more about your business.

Paul

Paul

Evan
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome aboard, Karen. Nice to see more New England natives around here.