PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Dethrones Google.com as most searched for in 2010

Harold Mansfield
12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Rounding out the list of top search terms were YouTube, Craigslist, MySpace, eBay, Yahoo and Mapquest. Other companies that made big moves in terms of searches include Hulu, Netflix, Verizon and ESPN. The search term “games” also made its first appearance in the list of Hitwise’s top 50 search terms...However, Facebook didn’t beat the traffic garnered by all of Google’s properties combined (9.85%).

Source:http://www.hitwise.com/us/press-center/press-releases/facebook-was-the-top-search-term-in-2010-for-sec/

KristineS
12-30-2010, 01:11 PM
That doesn't surprise me. Between people talking about Facebook's weird upgrades and people using Facebook, it only stands to reason.

Kim Kardishan being the most searched celebrity is a bit alarming though. I don't even see how she rates the designation celebrity. Why are people searching for her?

Harold Mansfield
12-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Kim Kardishan being the most searched celebrity is a bit alarming though. I don't even see how she rates the designation celebrity. Why are people searching for her?

That has to be teen and tween girls. They are the only one's that I know of that even speak her name. I don't know any adults that give a rat's butt.

greenoak
12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
wow....now what do we have to learn about key words and getting found?
now eborg...all the business that sell to those girls shouuld be up to that kim person...i heard of her on the radio yesterday warning about her t otally predatory creditcard that people/fans were getting.......