PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Media Marketing---anyone using this to market their business?

mobile resolutions
12-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Has anyone tried mobile media in their business marketing? If so, I would like to hear your success stories. If not, I would like to hear why?

Harold Mansfield
12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm working on building a few simple iPhone/iPad apps. Is that the type of thing you are talking about? Or do you mean integrating platforms like Foursquare into some kind of promotion?
Or even still do you mean as in outside advertising like billboards and billboard trucks?

mobile resolutions
12-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I mean the use of text message advertising to maintain communication with current as well as future customers. This method could be used in conjunction with other advertising techniques, but it is a way of capturing a list ofcustomers that want to hear from you.

Harold Mansfield
12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
No, I definitely don't do that , nor have I ever thought about it. Probably not a good fit for my business.

mobile resolutions
12-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Do you mind if I ask...what business are you in?

Harold Mansfield
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
I do Wordpress Websites, Service and Support....and some other web stuff.

Spider
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
I suppose it would be okay where the cellphone owner has given permission for you to send them advertising text messages, but as soon as you refer to "future customers" it sounds a lot like spam. And you would lose me as a customer straight off no matter what you were selling.

mobile resolutions
12-31-2010, 11:21 AM
What I mean by "future customer" is someone who has texted in to get sales discounts, but has not bought from you previously. Cellphone owner must always opt in to receive messages with the program I use, and they are free to stop receiving messages at anytime.

Spider
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Opt in = Good.

Opt out = Bad.

Harold Mansfield
12-31-2010, 11:49 AM
So I would imagine that your key client demographic is retail, hospitality, and travel. And their demographic is 18-30, and more female than male... maybe by 10% or so.
At least that is my perception of why would best benefit from and participate in text marketing.

Am I wrong?

Patrysha
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
I would think the upper end has extended to about 45 now...for females at least. I have been introducing some mobile elements with clients over the past year, but not to the extent of text blasts yet.

Harold Mansfield
12-31-2010, 01:51 PM
I would think the upper end has extended to about 45 now...for females at least. I have been introducing some mobile elements with clients over the past year, but not to the extent of text blasts yet.

Is there a specific industry where it works better than others, like retail? Or is it across many?

Patrysha
12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Hard to say from direct personal experience so far...my current mix of clients is primarily retail and service and most of them are primarily geared towards women...only a couple have a truly mixed audience.

mobile resolutions
12-31-2010, 02:38 PM
It depends on the purpose of use. Although retail businesses do use my platform, Mobile Marketing has been proven very powerful and effective for: retail business, restaurants, bars, venues, entertainers, sales organizations, churches, charities, golf courses, mlm leaders, artists, companies, hospitals, physicians, real estate, salons, dentists,...any entity that understands the value of instant communication on the most valuable 4 inches of real estate in the world - the mobile phone.

Harold Mansfield
12-31-2010, 02:44 PM
I can see where it would be useful for all of those. I guess I never considered the possibilities of keeping members of a large workforce or organization informed as well.

mobile resolutions
12-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes the power of instant communication can't be beat. Some of the upsides to text message marketing or mobile media are:

You contact customers that WANT to hear from you!

• 97% of Text Messages ARE OPENED, 83% within ONE HOUR (much faster response rate than email).
• 90% of Americans are favorable to receiving mobile coupons and specials on their phones
• It can enhance ALL of your current advertising including Facebook & Twitter
• No set up fees, NO contracts (with my platform)
• LOW COST & EASY to use