PDA

View Full Version : Review Our SEO, Usability, Marketability, etc

mrgr33nw3ll
12-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello all,

I haven't posted on these forums, but I definetly read the posts, and they are very helpful. I am asking if you all would give me a review of our site at www. mytechteam .net as far as SEO, usability, marketing effectiveness, or all of the above.

jamesray50
12-28-2010, 09:40 PM
How did you know that was self promotion?

Harold Mansfield
12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
How did you know that was self promotion?

First post. Link dropping. No other interaction on the forum. No Introduction.

jamesray50
12-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Basically did not follow the terms of agreement before asking for review of website? If they had done that then it would have been okay?

Patrysha
12-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the lack of prior involvement is a big one...especially with questions about SEO and Marketability where we have several skilled members who do these sort of things for a living. It's one thing to share expertise to someone who is more of a friend who has already shown investment into the forum and an interest beyond just getting what they can for free.

vangogh
01-04-2011, 03:48 AM
No need to apologize. I forget what it was I removed for coming across as self promotional. I don't remember it being much (if it was a lot the thread wouldn't still be here) and I didn't even realize everyone could read the reason for editing. I'll have to figure out how to turn that off since it's really not anyone's business other than staff and the person who posted. It's supposed to be something more private.

Anyway as to a review.

It's hard to honestly review everything for seo, usability, and marketing effectiveness in a single forum post, but I'll offer some thoughts. I see you're using WordPress so you're pretty well optimized with search engines by default for a number of things. However no CMS can optimize a site completely for you. It looks like you've done a few of the basics like setting permalinks.

Here's a good article on WordPress SEO (http://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/) with some other things to do.

One thing I did notice is all your pages (not your posts, but your pages) all use the same page title. You really should have a unique page title for every page on the site.

The site seems fine in regards to usability. I haven't clicked on every page, but it's pretty easy to navigate the site. I'm sure there are things that can be improved, but nothing is jumping out at me that you must fix right away. Seems usable enough.

By marketing I'm guessing you're asking about the copy. What I've read seems pretty good. Everything reads well and is pretty clear as far as the information is concerned. Granted I'm on the tech savvy side, but things seem simple enough to understand. Probably something a less tech savvy person would be better at judging though. I'm also seeing big call-to-action buttons in the appropriate places.

Overall it looks like you've done a nice job with seo, usability, and marketing. Of course all 3 are ongoing so a nice job doesn't mean a done job. Still it's a pretty good job for the most part from what I can see.

vangogh
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Glad I could help. Yeah I guess you're right about the apology. I can't even remember what it was I deleted and no one else ever saw it. And I really didn't know those last edited messages showed. I thought it was only moderators and admins who could see. How about I apologize to you as well for creating the confusion. :)