PDA

View Full Version : Christmas card

virgo
12-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I've recently developed up a marketing plan,
which outlines what marketing I will be doing each month - Next month I'm focusing on Christmas / New Years cards and wanting to garnish some feedback / ideas from the community.

Basically, the point of this campaign will have 2 goals, to reconnect with old customers and to outline to my existing customers a service of mine they may not be aware of. (These aren't regular greeting cards that you buy from the news agency, they are customized with business logos / messages.)

However, I'm not sure that greeting cards are an option that is still regularly used by a lot of businesses.

Could you please share your thoughts on greeting cards - Do you receive many of them from your suppliers? Do you plan on sending them out this year? What would you be looking for with a supplier of greeting cards? What would you think when you recieved one?

Thanks!

- Jake

vangogh
12-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm always happy when someone sends me a card. It's hard not to be. I know when a business sends them out it's often a mechanical thing and they may not specifically have thought of me. Still it's nice. It doesn't necessarily make me run out and buy something, but I do have a more positive feeling about the brand.

A few years ago I decided to send each of my clients a personal email wishing them a happy holiday. Each email was pretty short, but each was unique. I did notice the following month more business from some of those clients. I think they had been thinking of getting in touch and having me do some work and my holiday email got them to take that step.

Harold Mansfield
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm pretty happy with a "Happy Holidays" email. It's easy to do, cheap, green, and delivery is instant.

Steve B
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I think we get one from more than half of our suppiers (at least the bigger ones). It's O.K. - but, I doubt they get any more business from me as a result. I have a couple suppliers make a personal phone call just to wish me a happy holiday. The ones that do that make it very hard to switch to a different supplier, because now it would feel like I'm dumping a friend.

Paper Shredder Clay
12-22-2010, 04:36 PM
The place where I work relies heavily on our holiday greeting card. We put in quite abit of time and expense, since our clients and vendors have come to expect it from us.

AaronConway
12-22-2010, 08:56 PM
The Christmas card should be just that, a Christmas card. I think you could actually turn some customers off if you try to make it a brochure for your business.

brookeandcamera
12-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Jake - This year I didn't get as many cards as last year, but I love the idea. It brings your business top of mind right before the New Year. I had some good intentions of getting some out to my clients, but ran out of time. I did manage to get out an email with my new 2011 prices which is not quite as personal but did generate some business.

daveb
01-03-2011, 02:05 PM
its always nice to send such cards to customers. however, keep it personal and do not add any business-related gimmicks or things into it as it will ruin the whole purpose of the season greetings