PDA

View Full Version : This is a nice forum

jamesray50
12-19-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure who created this forum, but I wanted to say that compared to the other forums that I have recently joined that this is the nicest and easiest to navigate.

One of the problems I had in one forum when I went to reply is that it went to a new page and it no longer showed the question. That was hard to reply to when you couldn't reference everything in the question. And for some reason the quote didn't work, or I couldn't get it to work.

Another problem with those other forums, you have to post a lot of posts before you can post your signature with a link, or the link doesn't work, etc.

Some of the forums are frustrating to use.

So, great job to whoever is managing this one. I guess I should know by now who it is.

Except I still don't know what trackback and tags are and if I should use them.

vangogh
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks Jo Ellen. Much of the things you like are simply the software we're using which is vBulletin. Trackbacks are a way to point to another page somewhere online and send a message to that page. It's not something you ever need to use. Most pages that can handle a trackback at this point do it automatically without the need to fill out the trackback url.

Tags can help people who are searching the forum. You don't need to use them, but if you think of a word or two someone might use to search for the information in a thread you start then you can add those words or phrases as tags.

Harold Mansfield
12-20-2010, 11:03 AM
This is a nice forum. VG has done a good job. The members here are knowledgeable, helpful, and the discussions here are honest and not littered with self promotion like on other forums.

KristineS
12-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Vangogh has done a very good job with this forum, and he's put a lot of thought into it. I also know he has plans to make it even more useful. I also have to give kudos to the members here. I think we have a good group who are able to make newcomers feel welcome.

nowms
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I agree 100%