PDA

View Full Version : Photobooks

Blessed
12-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Since my daughter was born I've been doing an annual 5"x7" photo book at Christmas for the grandparents. I have them printed by viovio.com - my deadline this year was December 8th. I like to be done with the books by Thanksgiving, but was running behind this year and when my computer crashed on the Monday after Thanksgiving I lost what I had already done so I had to start over - and I picked my computer up on December 6th, with paying work to be done before anything personal was taken care of.

Long story short, I just finished the books today and am ordering them tomorrow or Monday, after I have a chance to look them over one more time. Here's my question - should I just act like I didn't do the books this year or print the cover at my local quick copy place and wrap that up with a note about when the books will be delivered?

What would you do?

Also... if you like to do this kind of thing, or any type of photo book that you want published, etc... I've been really happy with viovio.com - their service has been great and the quality superb.

Steve B
12-18-2010, 05:45 AM
I take it they won't be done in time for Christmas?

If that's the case, I'd just tell everyone their book is going to be a little late this year because your computer crashed.

Blessed
12-18-2010, 01:35 PM
nope they won't be done in time - had to be ordered by December 8th in order to be printed and delivered in time for Christmas without paying rush fee's - the 13th if you wanted to pay extra (I didn't so I didn't get in a hurry!)