PDA

View Full Version : Hello - Local Online Marketing Association

FredWaters
09-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I was on the Google content placement feature and was looking for sites that have a small business focus. I came across small-business-forum.net.

My partners and I are launching the Local Online Marketing Association (http://www.lompro.com). A educational resources that teaches local businesses how to connect with customers online.

I thought I may be able to participate and add my two cents on local Internet marketing questions. In the process, I can further learn the issues that local businesses face when they attempt to market their business online.

Regards,
Fred

vangogh
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Fred. Interesting site. For a few years now marketers have been predicting that local search and local marketing online are going to explode. I think we're just at that point now where local online is replacing things like the phone book and becoming an indispensable part of the marketing for any business.

I look forward to getting to know you better and thanks for joining the community

KristineS
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Welcome Fred. Glad you've decided to join us.

cbscreative
09-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Glad you found us, Fred, welcome aboard and I hope we can all learn from each other.

Patrysha
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Fred, do you have an affiliate program?

Your site seems to dovetail quite nicely with the efforts I'm making on my own local level.

Paul Elliott
09-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Great service, Fred. I do a good bit of that now, but would love a resource. Tell us more about your service.

Paul

FredWaters
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Fred, do you have an affiliate program?

Your site seems to dovetail quite nicely with the efforts I'm making on my own local level.
Hi RadioGirl,

You can learn about our affiliate program at http://www.lompro.com/partners/index.htm.

FredWaters
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Great service, Fred. I do a good bit of that now, but would love a resource. Tell us more about your service.

Paul
Hi Paul,

My partners and I felt that the biggest obstacle to local Internet marketing is lack of knowledge. For most local businesses the Internet is competely alien as a marketing media. When you begin to explain the potential of a web site, pay per click advertising, search engine optimization and email marketing they are usually overwhelmed by the possibilities.

Our resources are designed to educate local businesses on the strategies and techniques of Internet marketing. We have over 100 mini-courses, guides, tutorials and videos. In addition, we have a 200-page online book that lays out the concept of building a web base conversion system, using the combination of online tools with precision Internet advertising.

We have courses designed to get businesses started that have no web presence.
We also have advanced courses on PPC and SEO.

We are just starting, but plan on having a vibrant community where we bring together local businesses and industry experts.

That's it in a nutshell.

Paul Elliott
11-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks, Fred. That is a great idea and resource. I'll look it over more.

Paul

XACconsultant
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum. The people here are excellent advice givers. Hope you are able to make the most of it.

Vivid Color Zack
12-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I like your idea a lot, and I think there's a lot of potential there for it to be a great resource. How are you doing with getting people to stick around and pay $27 a month? I guess I'm asking roughly what percentage of your 14 day trial users decide to sign up?

My 2 cents here would be that the site SCREAMS scam. Almost every "try this product and watch your world change before your eyes" has roughly the same layout and the highlighting and links on the right side just make it that much more stereotypical get rich quick scheme or something.

Is the site based off a template? You may want to consider a different layout or at least changing the margins so it doesn't feel so much like an Eblast and more like a legitimate web site.

Not attacking you at all, I really do think the idea has a lot of potential. Just bringing this up in case anyone else feels the same way reading it.