PDA

View Full Version : Setting CSS for added element in IE

Harold Mansfield
12-06-2010, 02:34 AM
I added a script (Facebook 'recommend' button) in my header.
Script works fine and I added CSS to set it where I want.

I can't remember how to make the settings take in IE.
Here is the CSS

#facebook-wrapper{
margin:0px;
padding:10px 0px 0px 25px;
float:left;
}

That puts it where I want it in FF, but obviously IE completely ignore it.

Any help is appreciated.

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:08 AM
That must be because I told the IE people to ignore you. I was only joking, but maybe they didn't get it! I'll get in touch with them and see if we can get you back in their good graces.

Harold Mansfield
12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
That must be because I told the IE people to ignore you. I was only joking, but maybe they didn't get it! I'll get in touch with them and see if we can get you back in their good graces.

While you're at it, tell them to get on the same page as the rest of the web world.

vangogh
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Harold I think it will have more to do with the rest of the code on the page than the specific snippet of Facebook code. IE shouldn't have any problem with the code you posted. What I'm thinking is happening is the Facebook button is there, but hiding behind something else. Are you using absolute or relative positioning anywhere on the page?

Which site is this on?

Harold Mansfield
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Actually I just checked again and they are displaying properly in IE and Safari. Don't know what was happening last night, maybe it was just a cache issue since I restarted this morning and cleared everything.
It's on the new (redesigned) site:
http://1stinternetmedia.com

I added the "recommend" and social icons above the menu navigation.

Spider
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
While you're at it, tell them to get on the same page as the rest of the web world.If you're going to keep on saying horrid things like that, I won't talk to them!

Harold Mansfield
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
If you're going to keep on saying horrid things like that, I won't talk to them!

They know what I'm talking about. Webmasters have been cursing them for years. They are getting better though, but from what I read, they will never be completely WC3 compliant.

vangogh
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
The cache thing sounds like a likely culprit. I've gotten in the habit of clearing my cache often when working on a site. It's not always the fix, but it's amazing how much time it's saved me over the years tracking down a problem that really isn't a problem.

Harold Mansfield
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
The cache thing sounds like a likely culprit. I've gotten in the habit of clearing my cache often when working on a site. It's not always the fix, but it's amazing how much time it's saved me over the years tracking down a problem that really isn't a problem.

I hate that. Seems like I cleared it many times and it still wouldn't display correctly on IE and Safari. Good thing it was late and I was tired and decided to look at it again in the morning instead of trying to troubleshoot a non existent problem. I really hate when that happens, and it's always the simple stuff.