PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Govt Services

rob0225
09-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I am considering starting a company to provide services based expertise to foreign companies.

I am retired military with a specific specialty that is attractive to foreign countries that purchase certain types of military vehicles.

I am looking for information that will assist me in establishing this type of business.

If you have any insight or online resources I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robert

vangogh
09-17-2008, 03:17 AM
I assume you can't tell us about your specific specialty. I can't say I have much experience with what you're trying to do, but I'll see if I can come up with something.

I would think the first thing to do would be to make connections with the people who would be making the purchasing decisions for the types of vehicles. My first thought brings government contacts to mind, but I suppose it doesn't have to be.

Given your specialty is specific and I would assume in demand I'd think once your connections knew they could come to you word of mouth alone would be enough to build the business.

billbenson
09-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Rob, if you are providing services, I can't help you much. If you are providing vehicles or other heavy products, I do a lot of business with the us govt for international use as well as market directly to other countries. I spent years selling to telco's in latin america which are gov't entities as well.

If your interest is internet based I may be able to give you some ideas. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk.