PDA

View Full Version : a great facebook plot....

greenoak
12-03-2010, 08:56 PM
a photographer in town is having a baby contest....any friend or customer can enter their baby....the baby with the most votes wins....you have to go in and like her page to vote...naturally all the moms are working like mad getting all their friends to go in and vote on the photographers site for their baby....
its working like a CHARM, AND SHES GETTIng tons of new fans.......
WISH I COULD THINK OF SOMETHNG THAT COMPELLING....

jamesray50
12-04-2010, 03:04 AM
What do they win? Can anyone enter?

Steve B
12-04-2010, 07:18 AM
That sounds like a great idea ann. I've already contacted my Facebook expert and told her to set up something similar for my pet food delivery business. I'll give away a free bag of dog food for the cutest pet picture submitted.

greenoak
12-04-2010, 09:50 AM
that would just b e perfect for pets...gad...im seeing grown men in the store with pet purses... for their little dogs....
anyone can enter if they are likes with the studio....then its whoever gets the most votes....
here it is...i dont know them .
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/CstudioPrints
the activity is under the kids picture...my friend is a relative of livia, thats how i heard about it........who has 105 votes....and they all had to like the studio to vote....the studio takes baby pictures too, so she knows lots of moms.....but i think the pictures are from home not her professional ones...

Steve B
12-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks again ann. I got my contest started early this morning and I've already added 10 Likes and we have 9 entries to the contest. I'm sending out a few hundred more e-mails to my pet fence customers, so hopefully those numbers will grow soon. You can check out our version of the contest at Kibble Kart | Facebook (http://www.Facebook.com/KibbleKart). You can vote on photos, but to submit an entry and win the bag of food, you must live in our delivery area (sorry).

greenoak
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
so neat!!!
how about a pin up page on your facebook for dogs....?
you just cant beat vanity and pride....
.... i really like your landing site....nice testimonials!!! i might go for some of that idea.... ...did you ask for pernission ? if i would use posted compliments i guess i wouldnt have to...??
ann

Steve B
12-07-2010, 06:15 PM
All of those reviews were done directly by the customers on Facebook - so there wasn't a need to ask permission. All I did was to tell my customers that we would love it if they visited our FB page and write a review. It almost seemsp phoney because they are all perfect scores - but our food and service really IS that good.

BTW - as of now we've added 31 Likes and have 13 entries to the contest.

skylargivens
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
That's a great Facebook idea, thanks for it. Contests have always done well for me but I've never thought of throwing babies into the mix :D