PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress ecommerce solution - Marketpress

Harold Mansfield
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
WPMUDEV has been testing and prototyping this plug in for some time now and they finally have it ready.

Yes, WPMUDEV is a membership site, but I believe they have a new thing where you can purchase individual products.

Store Features:

* Simple product thumbnails/images with lightbox zooming
* Add temporary sale prices
* Link a product to an external link (for affiliate commissions, etc). You can also turn off all checkout features and use MarketPress as a listing plugin only, generating revenue from affiliate commissions on sites like ClickBank, E-junkie or Amazon Affiliate.
* Assign categories and tags to products to make them easy to find
* Stock tracking with alerts
* Order Management/Alerts
* Fully customizable email messages
* Full support for most major currencies
* Flexible sales tax/VAT options
* Full coupon/discount support. Create coupon codes for percentage or amount off, and control and track their usage date range and/or maximum uses.
* 3 built-in css themes designed to work within your site theme. And it's a simple matter to add your own.
* Fully customizable store urls/slugs
* Customers can checkout without being a site user
* Order status tracking for customers on the front end. Previous orders are stored in a cookie or user meta.
* More quality features than any other WordPress ecommerce plugin.
* 4 payment gateways - PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Chained Payments, Authorize.net and 2CO... more coming soon!

WordPress eCommerce - MarketPress - The complete WordPresss ecommerce plugin - works perfectly with BuddyPress and Multisite too to create a social marketplace, where you can take a percentage! - WPMU DEV (http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce)

vangogh
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Looks interesting. I've been using Shopp recently and been very happy with it, particularly the customer support.

It did look like you could purchase Marketpress as a stand alone product, though I only checked quickly. I thought I had read somewhere that the devs at WordPress were working on a shopping cart solution as a canonical plugin, though I'm not sure I got that right. It would be interesting to see them do that.

I take it you haven't used Marketpress yet, but if and when you do let me know what you think. I'm liking Shopp, but always willing to find something better. On the positive side I think ecommerce for WordPress is getting better in general.